All reviews valet parking superior king whole foods attractive room valet staff throw blanket upscale hotel every request artisan restaurant fantastic stay restaurants and bars perfect hotel conference room hotel experience on site restaurant hartford area complimentary breakfast
Reviewed 26 March 2018

My husband and I have stayed at this WONDERFUL property 3 times and are looking forward to a 4th stay - everything was TOP OF THE LIST - staff, rooms, food, etc couldn't be better - highly recommend it as one of the absolute BEST in the northeast - don't miss it!!!

Room Tip: have stayed in several rooms - all were great !!!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
DanielCoggins, General Manager at Delamar West Hartford, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review of Delamar West Hartford. We are delighted to hear your visits to Delamar have been so enjoyable and we cant wait to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

I'm platinum w/ Marriott, plenty of Marriott's in Hartford. But Iv decided to stay here 20+ times since January b/c of the location, comfort, and a hotel environment that rivals the best hotels in the country. Plus the bell and valet staff are another reason I keep coming back, crazy I know but you'll see.
So the "poor" rating. To summarize: during a recent stay at the frony desk I was spoken to like a vagrant, embarrassed in front of other guests, dismissed and insulted. Then upon addressing my concern to the person in private I was told "I'm sorry you feel this way, I appreciate your feelings." I was a deer in headlights, I walked away. The alternative would have been beneath me so writing this is the best way to create change. Also the toilet in my room was disassembled but I understand miscommunication between staff. I don't understand flagrant disrespect and that's one of the only things that is controllable in the hospitality business.
Give this place a shot, I think you'll be happy and hopefully be me writing about this, the situation will be addressed & be the last time it happens under that roof.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank danduffy1
DanielCoggins, Manager at Delamar West Hartford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you for sharing this with us. I am glad to hear you have had positive experiences during your time staying with us up until this most recent visit. I was unaware of what transpired but would ask if you could please reach out to me directly (860-937-2460) so that I can discuss this with you and have the opportunity to make right on this recent stay. I genuinely believe what you described is not typical of one's stay at the Delamar and we are disappointed to hear you have been left with a negative impression of the team.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

The Delamar West Hartford is the best hotel in the Hartford area. Being a brand new building certainly helps and everything is bright and clean. For those visiting Hartford for business or pleasure, I would highly recommend the Delamar since it's a quick 10 minute drive down Farmington Avenue.

I've been to the Greenwich location, which has a great location on the water, but I feel like that was it's only positive. I'm very impressed with this West Hartford hotel.

Check-In/Room - Quick check-in with a glass of champagne to boot. A nice touch.

Room - The room was lovely although they don't stand out among comparable hotels, but it was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom is large and bright. The shower water didn't get very warm, but was the only critique of the room.The common space of the first floor are really beautiful.

Service - The valet's were quick, efficient and friendly. Our bags went ahead, so I can't speak to the bellman.

Location – In the thick of the Blue Back Square, the hotel is within walking distance to a lot of great bars, restaurants, Whole Foods, and shopping. It's also a 10 minute drive to downtown Hartford.

Spa - It seems like many services are outsourced. I'd recommend checking out surrounding businesses since the hotel is within walking distance to many salon and beauty services.

Takeaways - A great hotel that I'm happy to recommend to colleagues and friends.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful and detailed review of Delamar West Hartford. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the delamar while taking my daughter on a college tour. Everything is new, the decorations are funky, Bulgari bath products, nice small breakfast included, walking distance to the main road in West Hartford where all the restaurants and stores are (try Zohara, awesome restaurant).

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
DanielCoggins, General Manager at Delamar West Hartford, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review of your recent visit to Delamar West Hartford. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

The best addition to the BlueBack development. And I could very easily say West Hartford was way overdue for a notable Hotel, any Hotel for that matter!

I surprised my wife with Birthday night and dinner at the Delmar recently. After our long drive over, about a mile, we pull in on a rainy evening, porter & valet promptly met us with an umbrella. Good touch. We were being driven over by our daughter & her Bo, so the guys opted to park the car in a BlueBack lot for a couple of hours.

The lobby, fresh & bright, with a touch of modern and retro 60's/70's. Hey, I was feeling groovy. Water and Champagne is offered to arriving guests. Awesome touch. Our room was situated on the 5th of their 6 floors. Down the hall, around the corner, to a corner room nicely tucked away from the hallway traffic (not much anyway). Oh before I forget, each floor, by the elevator is offered a Far Out hooded chair (like the old Egg Chairs). You've got to try one out - you enter another realm, not silenced only plushly muffled.

Onto the room. Oh my, ours was a Superior King. I said for a Birthday and for having traveled so far, "Why not." You enter into an in room hallway, to the sleeping chamber, windows on two sides, 50" tube, leather seats beside a marble top table. Then the bed, it can only be described as super duper comfy following a great nights sleep.

Into the bathing compartment, separated by a barn rail door, nice touch, with a second door leading to the shower, sink & toilet space. But the bathing space was superb. Free standing tub one with floor to ceiling frosted windows. I've got to admit it was a little too much and could present a lack of privacy with lights on (?). Two steps away, the wet bar, fridge, & goodie station. In the closet, cozy bathrobes & an umbrella for fowl weather like we were having.

Our stay was extremely worthwhile and I would recommend the Delmar to friends & family.

Room Tip: Warmer weather, request a terrace room, otherwise Superior King was Fab!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review of Delamar West Hartford. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.