“Great Experience!!”

Zohara Mediterranean Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 200 Restaurants in West Hartford
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We happened to see this just driving by. We were amazed by the quality of the food and the fantastic service!! I would highly recommend the Moroccan seafood stew. The small plates for sharing were great, especially the crunchy chick peas. Our server Ruven made it even better!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I really enjoyed my meal at Zohara. I started with a trio of roasted eggplant puree, muhammara and roasted beets. This came with the best pita bread I've ever had, and the whole thing was absolutely flawless! Each one was full of the best flavor from each ingredient.

I like to step out and try new things, so I ordered the lamb bacon and whole smelts. They were both tasty but not something I would order again. I had no regrets for trying them, but they weren't as fabulous as the starters.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 3 March 2018

I had been looking forward to visiting this restaurant since it opened. I went with my cousin as a thank-you for picking me up at the airport. It was lunch and I ordered an Albanian salad to share and a chicken shawarma pita sandwich. My cousin ordered a bowl with quinoa and a variety of dried fruits. I found the food to be mediocre at best. The salad needed more lemon and seasoning, the shawarma was nowhere close to what I've had at authentic middle eastern restaurants, and my cousin's salad was ho-hum. Here, I must admit I had two glasses of wine and she had two mixed drinks. Lunch cost $75 sans tip. I wouldn't have minded the price if the food had been really good or exceptional. Sadly, it wasn't.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Laura T
Reviewed 23 February 2018

I joined some friends who had dinner here recently and we enjoyed our first time at this restaurant. The menu was very different and we decided to try several dishes. Although the restaurant stresses Mediteranean, there were numerous dishes from Morocco. I had the Moroccan Seafood dish and was very pleased. It was very flavorful. Another in the group had the Ancient Grain Bowl. I had a few bites of that and thought it was very good. Both of our choices were good sized without being too much. All of us shared an order of the eggplant, again a good sized portion and tasty. Another friend had a lamb dish, but it was undercooked initially. The waiter brought a more suitably cooked serving. The wine list was varied and good. I would recommend reservations because the restaurant quickly filled on a week night. The service was good, but could have been a little better. Prices were higher than I had expected, but the food was good.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 21 February 2018

The food is listed as Mediterranean but it is heavily influenced by north Africa and eastern mediterranean.I am Not typically a fan of Moroccan type food so take that into consideration in this review. The menu is very unique and presentation is very nice. We happened to have bad service on our visit - a long wait to have someone take out order but for some reason the waitress thought we we're waiting for someone else. Just a mistake. I did not like the shrimp dish I ordered and happened to mention it to the waitress (I don't usually say anything but after the long wait I guess I was frustrated). THe waitress took my meal off the bill - impressive. The lamb cigars were very good, the cauliflower (Whole head) is impressive looking but I thought it was just so so Neat place to visit and if you like Moroccan food I am sure it offers a great variety.

Date of visit: December 2017