All reviews room was clean stay there again visiting family front desk staff plenty of hot water ct microwave unit diner
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 December 2019 via mobile

While traveling from Chicago to Vernon, ct, some family and I stayed at this holiday inn express! I can’t say enough about the good service, front desk always helpful, they had a really good breakfast downstairs, would stay there again in a heartbeat! Also, really liked the coffee, my granddaughter really liked the waffle maker, Cathy from fox river grove, I’ll.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2019

Update: Bed bugs. We awoke in the morning with bites all over our backs and legs.
At breakfast, the woman who serves the food, Caroline, was actually picking her nose. They would start cleaning and vacuuming the breakfast room while we and others were still eating. Many times they would leave the vacuum cleaner on, right next to us, while cleaning the other side of the room just to harass us. They would even make rude remarks to us as to why we were working in the dining room and not in an office! Many business people use the room throughout the day for meetings and to use their computers and while having access to the 24 hour coffee.
Could not believe that this was a Holiday Inn.
A handyman, just before quitting, showed us where the rooms are full of mold and bacteria.
We also found out that they have a staff turnover of over 90 percent because the owner Victor, is preoccupied with other properties and allegedly suffers from several mental disorders.
The only plus is the location. But that is not worth having bed bugs bite you, getting sick from the mold and being exposed to drug deals across the street at the Free Spirit bar. Often you will see police in the lobby searching for criminals. Having a law enforcement background I once asked what was going on. It's called situational awareness. We were told to mind our own business.
The owner will spin and state that this is a fake, negative review by guests who spent thousands of dollars in cash at this highly overpriced motel and were evicted. Our response: name the guest. Ask for Danny the handyman who just quit, or Zach, Diane or Nikki who worked the front desk. Where are they? Better yet, go to the Vernon Department of Public Health and review the warnings and citations this bed bug infested motel suffers from. How about their policy of anti-semitism which was clearly stated to us with the hotel's ban on Kosher inspection workers who come up from New York?
Or the letters sent by the owner to the local US post office requesting that the mail carriers stay off the property because they grabbed a cup of coffee and used the public rest rooms? Not a friendly environment. There is so much more. We deal in facts. Maybe the IRS should investigate why we were asked to pay in cash.
This is not a safe environment. We advise to stay in a nearby Marriott or Hampton Inn.

Date of stay: November 2019
3  Thank CTNewsAgency
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vernon-Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2019

Hi CTNewsAgency,

A seamless and remarkable journey is what we're aiming to give our guests. It's great to receive feedback from our visitors. I truly appreciate your effort to share yours, and for spending your time with us.

I'm concerned that you felt discomfort, and that you weren't comfortable with the upkeep of our property. We're all about bright experiences, and I'm worried that our staff service fell below your par. The review of our visitors helps us in creating action plans for improvement. I know for a fact that yours can help us in making enhancement programs, which is why I'll be conveying yours to our upper management. Kindly check the private message that I sent you.

I hope you'll reopen your door for us so that we can have the chance to have a second bite of the apple, and prove that we're an engaging place to rest.

Many thanks,

Leni C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 5 October 2019

Well maintained property and comfortable beds. So happy with the staff! Had a problem with the remote not working and the front desk was at my door within 5 minutes, tried to fix it and when he couldn't because it was actually a programming issue on the TV, offered a whole new room. Amazing service!

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 24 September 2019

We stayed one night. Upon an early arrival we were warmly welcomed and offered a room immediately. The hotel however seemed dreary and tired to me for a Holiday Inn. I was disappointed as the location is very good, but in dire need of updating. The sheets were very clean gratefully but everything else was well worn and dirty looking.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank rdeanHamptons_Ny
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vernon-Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2019

Dear rdeanHamptons_Ny,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Vernon-Manchester and for sharing your experience with us.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused by the cleanliness of our room and the maintenance of our hotel. We will investigate this further with our team. It is very important for us that all our guests have a very comfortable and enjoyable stay as we strive to maintain a high quality standard of service at all times.

I will use your comments to improve our guests experience and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Ben W.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 8 August 2019

I stayed 3 nights in a room with a king-size bed. The room was clean and good-sized, quiet, the bed was comfortable, the lighting was good, the TV worked, the Wi-Fi worked, the air conditioner worked and had easy-to-use settings for maximum comfort. There were 3 issues which prevented me from giving it 5 stars. First (minor), the bathtub was strangely shaped and sloped, so that you could not stand on a flat surface. I did not have trouble showering, but it was an odd experience. Second (moderate to minor): While the staff was friendly overall, and I was greeted and made welcome the night of my arrival, during the rest of my visit, the front desk staff never looked up from (I presume) their computer screen and never acknowledged my presence in the many times (at least 8) that I walked past that desk. Third (moderate): the cost of my room went up by over $40 for the last night of my visit. To be clear, this was not a surprise; I knew about it. It was a popular night, and the hotel.wants to make as much money as they can. It is a common practice. I understand the reasoning, I just don't agree with it. A 3-night guest saves the hotel money. I felt gouged. However, aside from these issues, the visit was pleasant in every other way.

Date of stay: August 2019