“As Expected”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Vernon
Frederick, Maryland
“As Expected”
Reviewed 17 July 2011

As stated in another review, this is now a Motel 6. It was as expected for a Motel 6. I pick Motel 6 because of price and their pet friendly policy. However, there was a couple across the hall from me who had 3 large dogs in their room who were making a fuss. I have one small dog. I am afraid that people who don't obey the 1 pet rule will someday ruin it for the rest of us.
Anyhow, the wifi is sporatic. Had to go to the laundry room to connect because, as I was told at the front desk, there are wifi boxes at the end of each main hall and you have to be within a certain distance from them to connect. HUH? So I went on dial-up.
The place needs some landscaping work. Looked like nothing had been done during the spring because it was all getting overgrown.

Room Tip: Don't count on getting wifi.. bring your phone cord.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Starlady_11
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Elizabeth, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 June 2011

We had a very pleasant stay at this hotel on a recent trip to Connecticut for a friend's graduation at UConn. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I was surprised by how nice and clean the rooms were! They were nicely decorated and the bed was incredibly comfortable. I had such a great night's sleep! Tons of shopping and restaurants nearby. What a great hotel at such an economical price. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Note: This is now a Motel 6

Went over the weekend to visit some friends in the general UConn area. When we booked and saw the price tag ($53/night) we really didn't have high hopes. Especially after reading some of the reviews on here (which were admittedly for this property's previous operator).

The lobby was basically all I expected... although there's a TV set up with some of the most comfortable couches I've ever seen. At that price, I wasn't so much expecting a lobby but a business office, so I was pleasantly surprised. The hallways in this hotel smell VERY smoky... since some of the rooms are smoking rooms. However, once you get to your room, everything clears out and it smells fine.

We were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and amenities of the room. Air conditioning worked great, the mini fridge was a nice touch, and the bed was absolutely fantastic. Very, very comfortable. The bathroom was very clean and in great condition. The only problem was that the sheets and towels are pretty thin. Makes it a little hard to dry off after a shower, but asking the front desk for extra towels would solve that problem pretty easily. Wi-Fi is free and VERY fast for a hotel.

All in all, staying here was a fantastic experience. I know where to stay next time I'm ever in the Storrs area.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Lockport, New York
Reviewed 13 May 2010

We went to Vernon, Ct to attend a funeral. We had 2 adjoining rooms. There was a mouse in the room, which the evening desk person caught and extracted. He was very courteous.There were 3-4 ants on each bathroom floor and each hair dryer didn't work. Using the one phone that wasn't dead, we called the desk and they sent up a new hair dryer promptly. We decided not to try the continental breakfast. Beds were comfortable and clean. Showers were nice too.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Vernon hotels

Vernon,CT
Reviewed 3 April 2010

Here we go. I checked in and my room was upstairs(no Elevator) way in the back. My key did not work so luggage I and went all the back down to the desk the lady was rude when i told her my key did not work she punched the key machine 3 times hard and tossed the key to me and said NOW THAT KEY WILL WORK! so back upstairs I go with my luggage I enter my Smoking room to find out that I have no ashtray, So back down I go to the front desk I told the lady she freaked out and start slamming cupboards looking for an ashtray I said never mind I'll wait till the maids show up in the AM, so I go back to my room and find used soap,wash cloth and shampoo in the shower from the previous guest(YUCK). The telephone did not work for my whole stay ( one week) they said it was hit by lighting it hasn't lightninged since last fall5 months ago? I put a pizza box at the trash can near vending on Tuesday it is still there today Saturday.(5Days) My room and the whole building has a musty smell. The trash in the breakfast room is not dumped daily so it smells of spoiled milk. AND DURING MY ENTIRE STAY THEY DID NOT FLY THE AMERICAN FLAG ONE TIME OUTSIDE ON THE FLAG POLE WHEN I ASKED THE GIRLE AT THE FRONT DESK WHY? SHE SAID I DON'T KNOW ? WE'RE INDIAN OWNED. UN REAL!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank slip1by
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
2.2 km away
1.9 km away
Americas Best Value Inn - Manchester
2.6 km away
Courtyard Hartford Manchester

Been to Motel 6 Hartford / Vernon? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK