All reviewsmerritt parkwayoutdoor poolthe concierge levelbusiness triproom servicehot tublarge hotelhotel restaurantfirst floorbreakfast buffetbusiness hotelfront desk staffwe've stayedcomfortable roomslobby areavisiting familyfitness center
Reviewed 24 April 2017

We stayed overnight to break up a trip back to our home. We have stayed here before and know the property. Checking in was very fast. We were on the Concierge Level but it was not open because it was a Friday. We received vouchers for a free Continental Breakfast because of this. By the way, the breakfast was excellent. We had corner
King room. Although the room was very clean I must complain about the bed, which is the only reason that I did not give this hotel 5 stars. The bed is way too high to comfortably get in and out of. My husband is 6 ft. tall and even he complained about it. I had to put my foot into the bottom drawer of the night table to get into the bed. I do not want to do 'acrobatics' when staying at a hotel- lol.
So all in all it was a pleasant stay- we dined at the Parallel Post on property and enjoyed our meal.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NewYorkelena
Reviewed 17 April 2017

I stay here quite frequently for business. There are some good things about this hotel, but they are mainly focused on the service. The employees are friendly and helpful. The concierge lounge is a great touch and it's nice walking into the hotel after work and seeing some free snacks/drinks in the lobby for everyone. The beds are quite comfortable. Unfortunately, that's pretty much where the positive remarks end.

As others have noted this hotel is very dated and in desperate need of a major overhaul. The facilities, the rooms, the corridors, the elevators...pretty much just old and worn out. Some of the little things that particularly bother me; none of the rooms have blackout shades (just see through curtains), the TVs in the rooms are old and the cable TV is very dated, there is no interactive guide, half the channels are still non-HD, and they don't have normal channels for 2017 like Comedy Central and Cartoon Network. Unfortunately there is more, the furniture and room decor is very dated, you fill find dust and worn out surfaces all throughout the room; paint is chipping, things look dull or dirty. The elevators as others have mentioned look like an old hospital or high school, slow and creeky. Ceilings in the room are low, especially in the bathroom/shower area.

The hotel itself is essentially a 4 star hotel that's 25 years past it's prime, in my opinion its a 2 star hotel that get's an extra star due to the tremendous service and goodies for elite customers like the pantry and concierge lounge.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Paul G, Manager at Trumbull Marriott Shelton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. While your comments regarding the staff and concierge lounge were great to hear. I was disappointed to hear of the issues you have with the condition and cleanliness you have experienced during your stays. While we sometimes cannot make a 30 year old building look new there is no excuse for any cleanliness issues, I will share your comments with the staff and work to avoid such problems in the future.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here for work several times because it is close to our office and fellow employees stay here to hang out with. Despite being highest level in loyalty level I always get one of the worst rooms the have. Rarely put on Cocerarge floor desite specifically asking. Just not friendly and staff should even recognize me after stay four weeks in two months. Hotel is old and need of repair. Elevators seem like the could trap you at any time. Hotel is also being used to house overflow of students from a local college. Another reason to request higher floors when staying.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank richard n
Paul G, Manager at Trumbull Marriott Shelton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stays here at the hotel. While hearing negative feedback is never a good thing it does provide us with an opportunity to improve. I will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate hotel team to look for possible solutions.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Absolutely THRILLED with how our most recent event went here at the Trumbull Marriott Merritt Parkway.

I've been having events here for my job for the past few months, mostly in the 50-100 person range. This time, we expected a much smaller crowd, around 40, but ended up with 120 people RSVPing. Oscar and Daniela, two of the most amazing banquet staff I have ever had the pleasure of working with to plan and execute an event, were extremely accommodating and constantly checking up on our event to make sure everything was okay. It was a grand success and I owe a LARGE amount of it's success to them.

No matter what you are planning, if you want your event done right and every detail perfect to a T, this is the place to go, and these are the people you want to trust.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

While the beds are cozy, there was a funky smell in the room & as i got out of the elevator. This hotel is in dire need of an update. The elevators are scary, old, slow & noisy. The hotel has a restaurant & a bar. The lobby area looks like it has been updated, so maybe the rest of the hotel will soon follow. Not what I was expecting in Marriott. I wish i could've given it a better review.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Jen F, Manager at Trumbull Marriott Shelton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Dear Stephen K.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I will certainly be sharing your renovation comments with my executive team. I look forward to serving you better in the near future.

Regards,