All reviews merritt parkway outdoor pool the concierge level business trip room service hot tub large hotel hotel restaurant first floor breakfast buffet business hotel front desk staff we've stayed comfortable rooms lobby area visiting family fitness center
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Absolutely THRILLED with how our most recent event went here at the Trumbull Marriott Merritt Parkway.

I've been having events here for my job for the past few months, mostly in the 50-100 person range. This time, we expected a much smaller crowd, around 40, but ended up with 120 people RSVPing. Oscar and Daniela, two of the most amazing banquet staff I have ever had the pleasure of working with to plan and execute an event, were extremely accommodating and constantly checking up on our event to make sure everything was okay. It was a grand success and I owe a LARGE amount of it's success to them.

No matter what you are planning, if you want your event done right and every detail perfect to a T, this is the place to go, and these are the people you want to trust.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

While the beds are cozy, there was a funky smell in the room & as i got out of the elevator. This hotel is in dire need of an update. The elevators are scary, old, slow & noisy. The hotel has a restaurant & a bar. The lobby area looks like it has been updated, so maybe the rest of the hotel will soon follow. Not what I was expecting in Marriott. I wish i could've given it a better review.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Jen F, Manager at Trumbull Marriott Shelton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Dear Stephen K.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I will certainly be sharing your renovation comments with my executive team. I look forward to serving you better in the near future.

Regards,

Jennifer F.
Senior Operations Manager, Rooms

Reviewed 21 March 2017

I stayed here for one evening while visiting a nearby university. The hotel is a nice property, a typical Marriott, very well maintained. The room wasn't huge, but was very comfortable with a nice decor. The bathroom was small, but plenty of space for a single person. I had breakfast in the hotel the following morning and was surprised at how good it was! The service was very good - from check in to dining at the restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Stayed at this hotel weekly for over a year and half. The hotel staff is unbelievably nice, helpful and become like old friends. They quickly new my name, always had me blocked in my room preference. The breakfast staff is also quick and good with faces bringing you what you need before you have asked. The restaurant is packed most nights with other travelers but local restaurant choices are few; if you drive 5 -10 mins in any direction there are many.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Well I must say this is an impressive hotel. Clean, spacious, beautiful decor, awesome beds and linens and a great staff... what else can you ask for ! We spent the weekend in the area for a NCAA Championship tournament and this is the palce to be over others, priced great too >$100 !!!

Stayed: February 2017