and 1 more site!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stonington
Chicago, Illinois
“Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I think they have really changed and improved the hotel , this was my second visit and my previous visit was not so great and I wasn't planning a second visit but I had to for personal reasons. They changed the hotel a lot the bathroom is suprisingly clean and the beds are actually comfortable. I would surly recommend this hotel and IRS a nice place to really go when your away.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank pink s
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ellsworth, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

My family and I booked two rooms on New Year's Eve to save a lot of money while visiting Foxwoods casino. I booked the room without reading the reviews.
Upon reading the reviews, I was mortified. I wondered if I should cut my losses and just book a different hotel, but I had hope because some reviews said it really wasn't that bad.
We stayed there anyway. The hotel is not in a bad part of town. It's actually in the middle of nowhere and we would have never found it if not for the GPS. The outside was not extremely well lit, and the appearance was average. The clerk was not anything special. He asked me for my credit card info, which I had already entered online. When I told him that, he looked through some paperwork and I saw my entire card number on the paper (which I'm pretty sure is illegal). He gave me the old fashioned room keys and sent us on our way.
The two rooms I booked together were as far away as they could possibly be. But oh well.
Upon entering the room, it was about 30 degrees colder than the outside temp, but we got the heater going in good time. The room was extremely old and run down. The carpets were stained and all electrical outlets and windows were all painted over. It was hard to find an outlet that worked. The TV was definitely 13", but it didn't work so it really didn't matter. There was a microwave and small fridge, but that really didn't matter because They weren't near the working outlet.
Oh, and the smell. It was pretty strong. It smelled like they were keeping billy goats in the next room, but I have no evidence to back that up. The bathroom was very outdated and the faucet and toilet were loose. Before I would have a seat on the John, I would have to say a little prayer that the toilet wasn't going to fall through the floor. The shower was a stall shower and the water was hot and the water pressure was real good too. The hair dryer on the wall looked like it came over on the mayflower, and I would not suggest using it.
The beds were surprisingly comfortable, the bedspreads were questionable, and the sheets were nice and surprisingly clean. There were only two pillows, and I dared not ask for any more.
We did not spend much time at the room, as we stayed at the casino until early morning. We slept in until about 9 am or so the next day. Upon leaving the room, the not-so-friendly maid took my key and her counterpart who did not speak English, grunted and motioned to my hubby, demanding to bum a cigarette.
The moral of my story: you get what you pay for. If every hotel in proximity of a tourist destination is $250++ per night and you find one for $100 per night, beware. We only needed the room to sleep and shower, so it definitely did the trick. I definitely won't be making a return trip to the Seabreeze America's best inn!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank jims_auto

Travellers are raving about these Stonington hotels

Poole
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

This is not a place that I would recommend to anyone. We asked for a bath and the plugs didn't work. The blankets were torn. It was really expensive and the only redeeming feature was its proximity to Stonington which was a beautiful place and we had a lovely meal at the Dock.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Albany, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

I needed a room quickly. as we made last minute plans to bring my daughter to college a day earlier. The Sea Breeze boasted a large room with two large beds. The pictures seemed to display a quant seaside inn, but it was far from quant.

The room was indeed large and did have two large beds. The first thing we noticed beyond that was the musty smell of dead air and the old dark ugly carpet. The second thing we noticed was the mold in the bathroom shower and on the floor..Feeling like we could manage to stand it for one night, we forced open a few windows and went out to dinner. When we returned, we decided it was time to turn on the air conditioner..air came out, but it wasn't conditioned..we decided to watch a little tv, so we opened the large tv hutch..there in front of us was a 10 year old 13 in color tv..sitting so lonely in the large hutch..this so so unbelievable, we could do nothing more than laugh...after an hour, it was shut eye time..so we thought. Between about 11:30 and 1:00, it seemed that a small army arrived in waves, stomping up the stairs next to our room and proceeding to stomp on the floor above us,.we thought the building was going to come down..needless to say this place has serious issues dampening noise...but, somehow the noise eventually subsided and sleep ensued..The next morning, we got a bit more close and personal with the bathroom...no wonder the floors were moldy..the shower installation causes water to go all over the floor..but the worst of it was actually noticing the old shower curtain had been "repaired" a number of times by tying knots in it...stepping out of the shower revealed the rot at the base of the vanity..the capper was that the courtesy blow dryer was broken..

In brief, paid enough money for one night to expect a nice, clean room and even a continental breakfast...instead, the accommodations were something one would expect to pay for by the hour..not the night. Strongly recommend looking elsewhere. The only positives..the manager provided a replacement blow dryer..and for some reason our bill came to less than the original quote. Unfortunately, it was still way to much for this place.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank bikerduke0
lynn,ma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

reserved a room for the long weekend. ended up coming home could not sleep there brought my mom was embarassed .bedspread was stained on the underside curtains were falling down terrible smell i could go on booked at a high rate but felt i could deal definately couldnt. dont be decieved by the pictures

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank dollyLynn_ma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonington
5.8 km away
#5 of 13 in Mystic
Days Inn - Mystic
Days Inn - Mystic
#11 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Stonington/Mystic? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK