Americas Best Value Inn-Stonington/Mystic
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stonington
lynn,ma
“never”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

reserved a room for the long weekend. ended up coming home could not sleep there brought my mom was embarassed .bedspread was stained on the underside curtains were falling down terrible smell i could go on booked at a high rate but felt i could deal definately couldnt. dont be decieved by the pictures

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank dollyLynn_ma
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Stay away from this place! We booked online because we couldn't find a hotel in Mystic. The place was moldy, the curtains were falling off the wall.
I have allergies, so I knew I couldn't stay there..just walking in the room made my eyes and nose run and a headache start. When we went back to the front desk and told them there was no way we could stay, they first wouldn't cancel the room and give me my money back. After arguing for 10 minutes I finally paid $50 to cancel the room..at least I didn't get dinged for the entire $179. that they were asking! Went into Groton and found a nice Hilton Gardens.

Room Tip: Stay away...Go to Groton for a nice Hilton Gardens
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mama G

Travellers are raving about these Stonington hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 June 2011

When my boyfriend and I arrived, the office AC was on high so it was freezing, maybe to cover up the nasty odor. It was $100.00 for the night most everyone else was sold out so we found this place online (Big Mistake) Please always read the reviews! Small ants crawling up walls, odor was so bad we went to a store bought lysol,candles and spray. We slept on top of the covers with our clothes on. I had a blanket in the car so we used that. Left the AC on all night. Did not use shower there, didn't even use their water to brush my teeth, used a bottle of water I had. They Do Not have Ice Machine and I'm not sure if the soda machine worked. These people should be out of business - On a scale 1 to 10 I give if a complete ZERO!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JeannieChambers
Hicksville, New York
Reviewed 24 September 2010

I don’t understand people - many harsh reviews. I booked the sea breeze prior to reading the reviews as I drove to the hotel my husband started to read reviews to me and scared me to death I thought I have booked us into a nightmare. When I pulled up I was happy. it was a cute 2 floor building with a gazebo on the side. The building was white with a pretty blue on the doors and shutters. When i checked us in there was a young girl who checked us in within minutes and advised we were in room 8 on the second floor we drove up and went thru a door which had a stairway at the top was three doors it looked like an apt.
We opened the door to our room scared of what to find to our surprise we were relieved. You open the door to a small hallway with a door (the bathroom) and to the right was arch which led to the bedroom inside the bedroom was a queen sized bed with a desk a mini fridge and microwave. There was a TV and a closet also. There was also a giant photo (from top of wall to bottom) of a pretty scene which I believe might have been tropical. The bathroom was a nice light blue and very clean. There was no tub only a shower which was fine with me. although i disagree with most people’s comments like no hot water or small towels some of the stuff I think people are just making up as this was NOT an issue but agree with a few comments so here is list of my pros and cons

Pros :
it’s about 6 minutes away from the aquarium and sea port and mystic
The room was clean
It was nice with the mural and also flowers above bathroom mirror
Had a descent selection of TV channels
Had wireless internet (it would cut out once in a while but only took a second to bring back up)
Had a mini fridge and microwave which came in handy
The bed was soft
The towels were soft and smelt clean

Cons
Although the bed was soft there were only 2 pillows so that was a little uncomfortable.
Although there was a gazebo it was a bit overrun with bushes in the entrance so you would have sneak past the bushes to get in
The toilet flush was my biggest issue u could only get one good flush out of it like once an hour and you needed to hold down the handle to get it to really go down
The hallway had a light smell
There was a crack in the wall and the furniture was a little hard to open and had a cupple of chips but overall the sea breeze was a nice place to spend a few days and was reasonably priced. Next time I go to CT I wouldn’t mind staying there.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Danby, Vermont
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Room was dirty. There was black mold on shower door. Internet is a joke; you need to go to the area of the office in order to use your laptop. Do not go there for it a waste of your money.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank happymama55
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonington
6.5 km away
The Whaler's Inn
#2 of 13 in Mystic
6.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express Mystic

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Stonington/Mystic? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK