“If you're in Stamford”

Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

Here for a conference. Additional charge for wifi is unreasonable today. No hot tub but pleasant pool.
Very clean; friendly & accommodating staff; all spaces freshly renovated.
A good location for trips into the city.

• Stayed: May 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

I stayed here for two days for a conference. In the past I have been somewhat disappointed with Marriotts overall; but I was pleasantly surprised with this one. Free internet, the room was impeccable, the bed was comfortable, and the food was delicious (at the conference for both breakfast and lunch) and room service (for dinner). I didn't hear any noise from my room like a previous reviewer mentioned; and my bed was extremely comfortable. I travel a lot for work and hardly ever get a good night's sleep while on the road; but I did at this hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My daughter and I arrived at the hotel at 2:30 on 4/20 and were told our room was not yet ready and we would have to wait until three or three-thirty. Since check in time was 3:00 we were not concerned and found a place in the lobby to wait. Since my daughter was experiencing a stomach virus, she was somewhat uncomfortable. I checked again at 3:30 and was again told that our room was not yet ready, so we waited another hour. Friends of ours, Tom LoPresti and Janet Shaw Mariano were also waiting with us but they finally secured rooms and as we waited there we saw numerous others from our group arrive and secure rooms. At 4:30 I again approached the desk and was told the room was not ready yet. This time I spoke to a gentleman by the name of Gaston and he said he would try to find me another room. He finally gave us room 507 which was in an area where there were numerous young adults who were quite noisy when they arrived. Our room was fine when we finally got in to it and the chaperones and security saw to it that the other occupants on the floor respected the fact that they were not the only ones on that floor and our sleep on Saturday evening was not disturbed.
We have been to your hotel with this same group -- Joel Goldsmith/Ken Lazdowski/Infinite Way -- at least two other years previous and never had a problem and our stay was pleasant except for the unusually long wait in the lobby. One other comment on the water provided for our group outside of our meeting room. There was a brand name on the container which I can't r, ecall at the moment but the water was loaded with chlorine and we were not able to drink it.
I did mention this to someone at the desk and they said they were going to check on it but we left that day, Sunday and I don't know the outcome of that. Hopefully next year's visit will be better. Sincerely, Joyce Longordo, 30965 Sandy Ridge Drive, Lewes, De.

Room Tip: I don'tknow.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2012 via mobile

Great location. Directly accross the mall and minutes away from downtown. Food in the hotel is pretty good. Prices are from low/affordable to high but good choices

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights and enjoyed every moment of it. Check in was a breeze, room was clean, breakfast was wonderful. Free internet, parking. I would go back! We had gone to Water's Edge in Jan 2012 and frankly was quite disappointed _ this was a much better deal and much cleaner, and well maintained.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
0.6 km away
2.7 km away
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich

Been to Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK