“Buffet lunch at Coromandel”

Coromandel Cuisine of India Stamford
Ranked #84 of 483 Restaurants in Stamford
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2016

Very good multi Indian cuisine is served both in Buffet and alacarte , the ambiance and service is very good . We found excellent chaat , gole guppe, nan , dosa , bot veg and non veg curries with very authentic taste . The owner of the restaurant is fully involved in the activities and takes care of guests personally.In USA Indian restaurants generally serve Indian dishes with modified tastes. Hat s off to Coromandel.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

We love this place, but the quality is inconsistent.

Just when we thought it was back per our last visit, (see review) and took some friends who also love the place, we all had a poor experience.

We don't like to pan restaurants and put people off, so we hope this will get the attention of the owners as the restaurant when properly managed, is capable of serving very good.
food.

We were there on a quiet Saturday night and the poor experience started with bad server listening skills.

We have been here so often we can order without a menu and specify how we want food prepared. The new service crew paid no attention and the one server who knows us allowed the newbies to serve our guests who have also been there dozens of times since before it was even called the Coromandel.

They translated Pani Poori into poori and brought us three huge breads when we had ordered appetizers which they eventually brought.

The jheera filling was tasteless.

They mixed up the main dishes and my friend got my extra hot Lamb Phaal after we specifically questioned the server. This destroyed his palate for his lamb dish which I started on, which was actually quite good.

I won't go on as I have made my point which is to tell the owners they need to pay attention to the servers and potential guests to make sure the servers understand exactly what you are ordering.

When they pay attention, the food can be very good. So don't cross them off your Indian list but demand service and correct dishes.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Really enjoyed our family dinner here. One of the nicest Indian restaurants I've tried in many different countries. Service was smooth, efficient, very courteous and so pleasant. The food was delicious and plentiful. Generous portions of poppadoms too. Overall excellent value for money. We will be back.

Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

The food was excellent, I have had Indian food from many different places in different cities and was very pleased. We were seated right away without reservations, the service was friendly and gave great recommendations. The location was in walking distance from my apartment which was also a plus. I'm excited that they deliver as well.

Reviewed 10 March 2016

Had no expectations--and was sumptuously surprised! Had a dish, sagwala gosht, a Punjabi version of Lamb Saag--and quite good, as well as a haibut (for-the-hell-of-it) curry, aalso great. The couple sitting next to us ate a wonderful grilled lamb. Don't know that I'll ever make it back to Stamford, but Coomandel is worth the trip.