All reviewsfree parkinga great italian restaurantclose to downtowncomplimentary breakfastgreat place to stayminute drivetrain stationconvenient locationthe shuttle driverrooms were very cleanthe breakfast areavery nice hoteldowntown stamfordnew york citynight's sleepfront desk staffnice stay
Reviewed 27 December 2017

We were awakened at 3am by a "party" with what sounded like 7 or 8 "young adults" (term used ironically) shrieking, giggling, jumping on beds, moving furniture and slamming doors. We are assuming they were all high as a kite. I called the front desk, and was told something would be done about it, but the noise persisted until about 4am, when I guess the crowd passed out. No apology of any sort from management, and no follow up at all.

Otherwise, the place seems perfectly adequate, and the guy at the front desk was pleasant on check in, but they tried to move us initially to a lesser room. I guess our reward for insisting on getting the better room we reserved was to be placed under local community college "outing" club.

Room Tip: make sure your neighbors aren't ripped and in the mood to party all night
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ordinarymind
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

I was disappointed to learn of your experience at our hotel, regret that we did not provide a level of service that anticipated and responded to your needs. I do hope that if you are ever in town, you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

I might be inclined to give 5 stars, but the breakfast was not so good. The hot food wasn't so hot (literally and figuratively), and the other stuff was ok. It was included, so I don't want to be too critical. The room was really nice and clean, and the bathroom was first rate. The staff were nice and attentive. The other negative was the garage. There were very limited parking spots (btw, none on the street), and the design makes it hard to get in and out.
Overall, though, it was a nice stay, and we would stay there again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

We are sorry you did not enjoy your breakfast and will look into your concerns. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

Was in the area for a concert in Port Chester NY, and wanted a clean, quiet room with breakfast included. This hit the mark, and I had absolutely zero issues. Check in and check out were efficient, the comp breakfast was great - and the parking garage was a bonus, given a snowstorm (nice not having to clean off the car!). Room was spotless, everything just clicked. Awesome job! Would definitely stay here again and again!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are glad we were able to give you an enjoyable stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford. Thank you for such a good review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Awesome front desk staffs and their services. Very spacious room, nice interior, clean room and bathrooms. Had very nice and yummy complimentry breakfast. Amenities like Gym, Rental Car agancy with in hotel, bar and dining are very convient

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

We are glad you enjoyed staying here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford. Thank you for your good review and please return again soon.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

When I arrived, the shuttle was supposed to pick me up. I called the hotel, the staff gave me a direction to the pickup area, however the direction was wrong and /i got lost in the terminal. Finally, an officer showed me the right direction. Basically, there are two stairs and the staff didnot mention that they just said I should use the stair to go to the otherside of the terminal. Second of all, the room was extremely cold, and took long hours to warm up. No restaurant open! Worst of all, in the morning I found a bedbug in my bed!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

I thank you for bringing this issue to my attention so that we can follow-up with our team. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you will consider staying with us again.