All reviews free parking close to downtown complimentary breakfast great place to stay train station minute drive the shuttle driver rooms were very clean the breakfast area very nice hotel downtown stamford new york city night's sleep front desk staff nice stay into nyc one night stay
Reviewed 7 August 2016

My friends and I stop here every time on long road trips South. The price is right, the staff is nice, they have a good free breakfast, and it's easy to get in and out of. One of my friends is a germ-o-phobe so i know this place is clean- because he found it. This is a stop over i look forward to.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Thank you for making our hotel your stop over on your way south. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next trip. Thank you for your good review.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Staff is very friendly when explaining the extra $100 security deposit that surprised me on my bill (we don't travel much but that was a first) to be refunded after our stay. Good basic breakfast. Big rooms. Front desk always helpful, especially when our key didn't work several times. It is right across from park where summer outside movies show. Very close to downtown. On to questionable locals. Drunk people in park screaming heads off till 6AM, vomit in elevator but front desk cleaned it up pronto. People drive like crazy here, all with CT tags. Mill River isn't a major road but many (not all) cars drive fast and don't yield to pedestrians, so walking around neighbor is challenging with kids. Maybe that's why the $100 security deposit is added... they've had their rooms trashed before.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2016

We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. Your business is important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

Booked direct and got a great deal. Hotel is in great condition, rooms and especially the bathrooms are large, breakfast is solid. Nice park with a walking trail right across street and next to that is a huge playground which was great for my daughter.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are glad you appreciate the value we offer our guests here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford and that you and your family enjoyed staying with us. Thank you for your good review and please return again.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

I recently needed to travel to Stamford for business. The highlight of my entire stay was Peter who drove the shuttle. Every morning when he drove me to work was a wonderful experience. He studied theater and he could form a story in 2 minutes that captured anything you might happen to mention. I was so happy to have a calm, happy ride that helped me to have the right attitude when I arrived at work. Additionally the hotel was top notch. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and there was a great Italian restaurant connected to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2016

We're always looking for ways to identify star performers on our team and will share your positive review with Peter. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts! We thank you for your good review of our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Good hotel with great staff decent free wifi and average but useful complimentary breakfast. Hotel itself is old and dated so don't expect the ritz but works. Wish the price better reflected the age of th decor but still a decent choice.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. While I’m thrilled to hear our staff was friendly, I regret that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of evaluating opportunities for improvement and appreciate your input!