All reviews valet parking great location front desk room was clean movie theater burlington coat factory shuttle service valet staff good size central location night life a king size bed restaurants and shops business stay coffee maker very nice hotel target
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

We were in for a concert in town. The hotel was only 3 minutes walking distance from the theater we were going to. There were plenty of choices for breakfast lunch and dinner within walking distance of the hotel. The hotel staff we're great and very friendly. The room was extremely clean and fit all 4 of us with no problem. I would definitely choose this hotel again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2016

My boyfriend and I had a barbecue to attend in Stamford, and we decided to spend the night. This hotel is right downtown and is so close to everything! You cannot beat the location. The room was very clean and updated. Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

After traveling to Stamford for 4 weeks, I still had no idea what downtown Stamford had to offer until I booked one night at the Marriott Courtyard's downtown location due to a flight cancellation. During my stay, the street next to the hotel was closed along with several nearby streets for a concert. The hotel receptionist provided me with an extensive map of downtown Stamford that included listings of a myriad of local restaurants and shops within walking distance. The hotel staff was helpful, and the lobby was nicely designed. The room was clean and modern. Outside, the streets were vibrant with an energy and an excitement that made me want to explore instead of ordering delivery. The street was full of people, especially young adults, who were walking and dining al fresco at various restaurants in the area. I ate dinner at a crowded Spanish tapas restaurant across the street from the hotel. The food was excellent (covered in a separate post about Barcelona restaurant) and the ambience was perfect. From my table, I could see at least four more restaurants that looked interesting. I really love the location of this hotel and the hotel itself. There is also a shuttle service provided to guests.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2016

My husband and I visited Stamford for the first time last week, mainly to attend the Alive @ Five concert. We were very happy with our choice to stay at the Marriott Courtyard. Our room on the 7th floor was ready for us even though we arrived a half hour before the 3pm check in time. We received a warm reception at the front desk and were happy with our spacious room. The hotel is within easy walking distance of Columbus Park (concert location) and we enjoyed a great meal at the Trattoria there. When we arrived back at the hotel after the concert we were greeted by Jason, the front desk manager. Although I shared that my husband and I were celebrating our 38th wedding anniversary, I was quite surprised when he sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne and two flutes to honor the occasion. This is the level of customer service that sets Marriott apart from many hotels and Jason made our stay even more special with his thoughtful gesture. Great staff, great hotel, great location.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2016

We stayed at this Hotel for one night during our 4th of July Holiday weekend travels on our way to Massachusetts (7/2016).

The Hotel is in the heart of Downtown, where you can walk to a lot of attractions and food. We were given room 808. Our room was very clean, along with the entire Hotel being clean. The staff were courteous and accommodating.

This Hotel DOES NOT HAVE any complimentary parking, it costs a daily fee that includes Valet parking. When we were there, the fee was $24.00 a day.

There is NO complimentary breakfast at this Hotel, they have a restaurant, and the restaurant only operates at certain times during the day. We missed seeing the inside of the Hotel's Restaurant because they were not open for lunch hours on the weekend, and we were not up early enough to see them or have food there for breakfast, which ends at 10:00 am. There is no way to see the inside of the Restaurant once they close the doors, so the door was all we saw with no view of the inside at all.

Our Room had NO microwave, ONLY it had a mini refrigerator. NO personal Safe in the Room. The Closet is very very tiny in the Room.

The Hotel has an Indoor Pool that goes up to 4 feet deep, and it has also a Hot Tub. They have a small Fitness Room, and a small Guest Coin Laundry Room (only with 1 washer and 1 dryer, each for $1.00), with a folding counter space, and some brochures of the area attractions in the laundry room. This Hotel does have Banquet facilities on their property that look like they may be very nice, and also large, but I did not see it completely, only the area that they are located in was all that I could see because the banquet hall doors were each locked.

The area of this Hotel is certainly very "City" oriented, and there are public bus stops within walking distance. The area does not feel entirely safe always because there are so many people who are in this area, but the Hotel keeps the doors locked at off hours, and is always staffed 24 hours.

The beds in the room were comfortable, and the shower was adequate. However, you can hear Emergency vehicle's Sirens from outside, along with the traffic in the room that we had (room 808). We kept hearing the Emergency Vehicles in the evening, perhaps there is a Hospital nearby his Hotel. I took some photos.

Although this is a very clean and nice looking Hotel, with pleasant staff, we probably would not choose to stay here again unless we could not find something a bit better in lending free parking and complimentary breakfast, however, we would recommend it to others who don't mind those few things that the Hotel does not lend.

Room Tip: High Floor, and not near the side where the Traffic can be heard would be best.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family