“First time’s a good time! ”

Kona Grill - Stamford
Reserve with OpenTable
Kona Grill - Stamford is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 488 Restaurants in Stamford
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Canal Street
Description: Kona Grill was built on Exceptional Experiences and meals that create memories. Our global menu features contemporary American favorites, award-winning sushi, and specialty cocktails — all made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. While the places that inspire our cuisine may be far away, a welcoming place that offers inspiring food, ultimate hospitality, and diverse choices is right around the corner.
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

So OK, first the spelling. Hubby said we're going to Kona Grill and I was looking for Corner Grill, of course. We went to Stamford because Hubby had to do some business there. After the meeting we went to this KONA Grill. What's Kona? Due to lunch time, the restaurant was pack with business people. Our hostess was good and friendly but she forgot to give us the lunch specials menu. We viewed the regular menu. Our waitress, Sara, was also friendly and polite but she didn't notice we didn't have the specials menu. So if you dine during lunch hour, please make sure to get the lunch menu as well and don't give them hard time. Those who look thru the lunch menu are probably regulars so they know what to expect. Saw them order a bento box but we didn't know because it's not on the regular menu. Ok, enough about the menu! Let's go to the real issue, the food! I ordered Jambalaya, how dare I! It was very good! I ordered with the sausage on the side because I don't eat sausage. I tried a dice. They diced the sausage and put it in a very tiny tiny miniature bowl. Good because no need to waste it. I'm not sure whether the taste of Jambalaya is the same with or without sausage but it was very good, not overpowering although it looked very rich. Not too spicy either so it was very good. The Jambalaya had crawfish and chicken in it and I thought the chicken was actually a lot more than the crawfish. Hubby had the cooked sushi meaning the cooked shrimp and crab surrounded by the sushi rice, not raw fish or raw seafood covered by the rice. It was all right but not my thing at this Grill or any Grill. I had my lunch with green tea, nice selection of tea to complete my meal. My Jambalaya was a good portion and had a good taste of different spices but not very rich in taste. I was happy about it. The restaurant has a big aquarium for the customers who don't scuba dive like me, so I enjoyed the beautiful colorful fish. Nice Kona!

Michael D, General Manager at Kona Grill - Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thank you for visiting and having an exceptional experience at my Kona Grill Stamford. We look for to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We love the tomato basil soup and the avocado spring roll with a good sweet basil dip sauce

My husband has to have the parmesani Custer chicken with garlic smash potato ... and I love the Cobb salad
They have such a great menu and many specials
I also ordered the chicken kabob appetizer
Wonderful sauces ..

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Kona Grill is a restaurant located outside of the entrance to the Stamford Mall. A great place to take break after a long day of shopping. Unfortunately on our last visit we ordered an order of avocado rolls which were soggy and under cooked.

Lucky J, I am disappointed we didn't exceed expectations during your last visit. We strive to make every experience exceptional. We will deliver that on your next visit. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We returned to Kona after 3 years away. Happy hour on an early Sunday evening was not crowded. The bartender was friendly. The sushi was good. Kona is looking a bit run down, but we enjoyed our time there. Happy hour prices were good and the menu deep.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Though the food was delicious; the service was horrible. The fact that the man that opened the door for us, during an almost empty restuarant, had to start serving us food; shows how poor service was.

The waiter "with glasses"; who didnt introduce himself, took forever to get our orders and was slow to bring them to us. As well as forgot mostly everything, including simple things like steak knives, chop sticks, ketchup and water. We painfully had to stare him down to "remind" him of these things and STILL we didnt get it as our food began to get cold, waiting for it.

And I saw he was more attentive to other customers who were not "people of color"... and I hate to assume things but I think he thought he wasnt going to get a good tip, even though we order over $100 worth of food. I never leave bad tips, I have worked in a food industry before, I know how bad it can be. BUT tonight he had no excuse; the restaurant was almost empty. So, he got a tip he deserved as well as a note on the receipt stating why.

I wouldve loved to share this with the manager but he also, was ignoring us and not greeting and checking on patrons. We watched him walk back and forth with no smile or care in the world. If you hate your job quit, don't be rude to people because of it; thats probably why on a Saturday night your restaurant was empty.

Do Better Kona Grill! I called and talked to a manager and don't feel like anything will be done about it. After looking at the reciept the waiter was Matt- train him better or fire him please. Thanks!

Michael D, General Manager at Kona Grill - Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent dining experience at our Kona Grill location in Stamford. I am sorry to read of your poor dining experience you had at my restaurant. We strive to meet and exceed all of our guest's expectations every day. Given the experience you shared, it is apparent we fell far short of your and our expectations.

I offer no excuses for your poor experience, only my promise to immediately address the circumstances. Recognizing opportunities to improve our guest's experience is a priority; I genuinely appreciate the effort you have taken to alert me of your poor experience.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us feedback and will be used to better than we were. It is my sincere wish to win back your confidence in Kona Grill in Stamford.