“Excellent food and service”
Review of Prime

Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 488 Restaurants in Stamford
Description: Opened in the summer of 2016 Prime – An American Kitchen and Bar is almost a mirror image of its sister restaurant that resides across the Long Island Sound, Prime – An American Kitchen and Bar in Huntington, New York. Tempered glass walls allow a full view of the water from nearly any seat in the house and stay open when the weather allows. Explore our new, specially built glass wine room, visible from the both inside and outside the building. With over 750 labels, the floor to ceiling enclosure has separate temperatures for white or red wines. This fall, look for intimate wine tastings with our sommelier. Defined by innovative departures to classic dishes, Prime offers a curated raw bar, mizu sushi and 21-day dry aged c.a.b beef paired with enhancements such as crispy onions & sriracha butter. In warmer weather, sit outside watching the boats come in with one of our inventive signature cocktails. This spring look for our newly renovated outdoor cabana bar.
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Our party had a mix of appetizers (oysters, clams, burrata) all great, steaks were getting "wow" reactions. I had sushi and it was excellent. The service was fabulous and the sunset over the water was great. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

My wife and I recently had a very memorable meal at Prime. We had a beautiful view from an outdoor table. The service was perfect. The food was perfect. But I had to take out a loan to pay for the bill. For the two of us with two drinks, an appetizer, two meals, and desert...$219 plus the tip. I wanted to sit indoors but it was too noisy (which is part of their appeal). They had a soloist guitar player at the outdoor bar who was excellent.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I am not sure who Prime thinks they are exactly, but I will say I have never seen an online menu without prices. The spot I am sure is beautiful but seriously? Even the most popular, Michelin star restaurants always have their menus available online with their prices. Some might say, if you have to ask... but tonight is labor day, it is 5:15 and a gorgeous evening and I could get a table at any time of my choosing for 4 right now on Open Table. This should be a clue to them. If you want people to dine with you, don't make it a surprise when you get there especially considering the number of reviews commenting on how expensive it is. You can't run a restaurant around here like that. As a matter of fact anywhere. I would say with the history that particular spot has, you might want to be careful not to ostracize people before they even walk in the door.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Although fortunate to be sailing this past weekend, it turned less fortunate when we were captained to Prime in Stamford for dinner. The crowd, pretentious. The staff, pretentious. The service, horrible. The food, over priced. The portions, tiny. My family had already placed Prime in our household "penalty box" following two earlier trips to the establishment. Doubtful I'd ever return voluntarily.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Came with 4 adults n 2 young children for Sunday brunch and was really wowed.

The menu is diverse. The marina view is great. But I have a weakness for marina views. The staff friendly knowledgeable a d happy to discuss recommendations

I had short rib n eggs. Wow.
Claudia had omelette. Both came with delicious skillet potatoes.
I was tempted by the sushi but resisted. What I saw looked great though

All this with a live jazz quartet.

What better way to spend Sunday brunch?

Go!