See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Tv, 2 beds, busted heater, 1 bar of soap and 2 small towels. I had an end room (214 2nd floor) and heard traffic from highway 84 all night. One of the beds had eye lash hairs on the sheets... hardwood floors and rusty faucets.no fridge. No microwave. Small room on ground level if you need a microwave, washer dryer ice or an overpriced vending machine.
I had shelter so I can't complain.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2017

This Motel 6 appears to be a cigarette laden property with a high percentage of live-in guests. Conveniently located off I-84 in what is otherwise a nice community, the Southington Motel 6 is situated in a busy mercantile neighborhood with lots of nearby restaurant choices. The hotel however is older, my "nonsmoking" room smelled heavily of cigarette smoke, the bed spreads were full of burn holes, and there was nowhere to plug in a PC at the room's desk (the plugs already used by a TV, microwave, and refrigerator). On the plus side, there was a microwave and a refrigerator and the toilet worked. Other reviewers have commented how noisy the place is, people yelling outside at all hours. That's not surprising. When I checked in there were people sitting on chairs outside their doors like they live there. Lastly, my deadbolt lock did not work - just what you want when you're not feeling safe. Skip this place if you possibly can.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor to escape some of the ground noise. There's no elevator though!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank terrymA1171SS
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Hartford - Southington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Terry, Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and comfort. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

The clerk gave us a non-smoking room accidently (I asked for smoking), but that was okay. We had a room on the first floor, with a door opening directly to the parking lot, so smoking wasn't an issue for us. The room was very clean, but definitely in need of an upgrade.

We were just passing through and needed a spot to sleep and shower, and get a bite to eat. Plenty of dining options in the immediate area. The bed was nice and comfortable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2017

The room was okay - but with no elevator, hard to deal with luggage. Please outside the rooms yelling to each other, and early morning just as bad. The room only had two towels, and the phone to the front desk had been destroyed - not something that could have been missed. When my husband went to front desk we were told there were no other phones available for the room. You have to pay for internet, and it was really poor quality.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Ive stayed here on business before. Its inexpensive compared to the area. Plenty of food options available. It does however need some updating. So if you need sn easily accessible place to stay in the Hartford area you will be ok here.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business