Heritage Hotel, Golf, Spa & Conference Center
Newbury Inn(Brookfield)
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
View Hotel
All reviewsoutdoor poolhealth clubping pongconference centerlarge hotelcommon areas arecocktail hourthird floormain lobbyhotel barrehearsal dinnerthis past weekendfront desk staffnew englandexercise roomweddinggym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 January 2012

First, I must say that I just passed one of the most difficult professional designation examinations of my career in order to become a Certified Financial Planner. A contributing factor towards my success was the Heritage Hotel and the hospitality of its staff. During the Storm that rocked much of the State of CT this past Fall, we lost power for over a week and I was forced to sleep on the couch at my mother's place in Southbury while my wife stayed in West Hartford to take care of her mother. The Convention and Restaurant staff of the Heritage Hotel welcomed me to study at the hotel so I could access the internet on my computer, and then went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable though I was not a room guest. They allowed me to "camp out" in the business area, and I indulged in the food at the restaurant which was delicious. One lunch, the Business Convention Manager, Phil, even brought me lunch on a platter so I could keep studying! It is rare to find staff in all parts of a hotel that all go out of their way to be so hospitable. Do not hesitate to hold a business event of stay at this hotel if you want to be treated like royalty!
Thank you Phil and all the staff of the Heritage for taking such good care of me during a difficult time.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Joe L
Heritageres, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, Golf, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Congratulations to you for passing the Certified Financial Planner exam. We are very pleased to learn that we played a small part in helping you to achieve this goal. The power outage resulting from Hurrican Irene proved to be a difficult time for many residents and because we did not lose power we were able to accommodate and care for many local residents. Thank you for letting everyone know about the caring service provided by our staff.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

Stayed at Heritage Hotel 12/28-12/30/2011 while visiting the area to shop for a retirement condo. When we arrived we found the hotel was full of kids who were staying there for a hockey tournament. Being a mom of a youth hockey player, I knew the kind of mischief that can occur during hockey tournament weekends. Without any hesitation the hotel staff assigned us to another wing of the hotel where we had a lovely, spacious room that had been recently renovated. We had two nights of silent, restful, sleep followed by a delicious, buffet breakfast (including made to order omelettes) each morning(not your typical chain hotel fare). The hotel was beautifully decorated for the holidays and there was a fire in all of the fireplaces each evening. Our rate was $119 including breakfast each night per room. The staff was very accomodating, I'll certainly stay there again and I recommend it to anyone wanting to visit the Village or just to have a relaxing time. If you don't want breakfast they have a very economical Senior citizens' rate. It blends into the landscape so it is a little hard to find at first. We found it first try but were concerned that we were lost because the entrance is so understated.

Room Tip: you might ask if they have any rooms overlooking the river
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Heritageres, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, Golf, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

We are delighted that you found our hotel to be such an enjoyable place to relax during your visit to Heritage Village. Thank you for mentioning some of our best features - the beautiful fireplaces, the quality of our breakfast buffets, the quiet ambiance of our New England hotel, and the excellent service provided by our caring staff. Thank you for saying you will return as well as recommending our hotel to those who visit the area.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

Doing their very best while under renovation. Excellent customer service, room was a bit dated but very clean, new comfortable bed and flat screen tv, good wifi.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments about the excellent service provided by our staff during your recent stay. Our renovations will be completed very soon and we hope to welcome you back so you can enjoy the improvements we are making.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

I stayed at the Heritage and loved every minute of it. Its a great place to relax - pool was wonderful.

Room Tip: If you need to get away and dont want to spend much, this is the place to go
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed a relaxing stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

It was our first time at the Heritage Hotel. We came for New Years Eve, 12/31-1/1, with our two kids, ages 4 & 6. We went snow tubing in Woodbury, about 10 mins away. Kids loved the pool, food was great for dinner and breakfast, very reasonable. The room was big and very clean. We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Heritageres, General Manager at Heritage Hotel, Golf, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

We are glad to see that you enjoyed your New Year's Eve stay with us. You also took advantage of nearby snow tubing and enjoyed our indoor swimming and health club facilities, which is good to know. We appreciate your comments about our food services and look forward to welcoming you back for another visit. Happy New Year!