“A great outdoor venue but not for Happy Hour!”
Review of Maple Tree Cafe

Maple Tree Cafe
Ranked #23 of 52 Restaurants in Simsbury
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2017

The outdoor porch is inviting but am jaded now and have lowered my expectations for Maple Tree. On a nice afternoon we went to enjoy a drink on the porch. We asked if it was ok to drink and not dine (it was about 5 pm I believe). We were told no problem. However we were completely ignored and had to wave a server down eventually. (We would have been happy going inside if that was preferred). We were there for "Happy Hour" which our server knew. When we went to pay we were not given Happy Hour prices. When I asked, I was told Happy Hour did not apply to outside. When I asked how I was to know that, I was told "all the locals know it." Not being a local I was a bit dismayed. I asked to talk to the Manager but he sent word he was too busy to come up from his office. He had the server give us some cash back but money was not the issue. The Maple Tree has come a long way from the dodgy place it was 30 plus years ago. We have enjoyed stopping for drinks and snacks. This was not a professional way to deal with a customer. Will we go back? Maybe. I have enjoyed it previously. but there are many other fine choices is Simsbury - Maple Tree will not be a first choice. Not being a local (I come back to visit family), to be treated second class was not ok with me. I was torn with the overall rating - this day was poor but overall it has been better so gave it an average.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I was at a charity function at the Tree and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. It has been some time since I was at the Maple Tree to eat. Usually for the music. The pizza was excellent. There were assorted other appies that were very good. I will definitely try it for dinner

Reviewed 12 February 2017

There are two large rooms. One has the bar. huge movie screen (TV) and tables. Even thought the bar is in the dining room, during meal hours it seems like a place you could enjoy lunch or dinner with children. As I was only there during dinner I do not know what the bar crowd is like later on in the evening. The other dining room is formal with linens that seems perfect for a private party or small wedding. Atmosphere is really very friendly, wait staff attentive and prices seem fair and reasonable. Large selection of beer choices. There were four of us in our party and everyone chose a different entrée including burger, calzone, fish and chips and porkchetta. They were all delicious. You can order appetizers, salads, burgers, sandwiches or a full meal. Bread for the table was delicious. Portions were large enough for take home leftovers. I would suggest making reservations on weekends as the dining room was packed @6-6:30. Parking can be a challenge as there is a small parking lot in the rear and parallel parking in front. This restaurant deserves a much higher rating than they have and hope they continue to do well.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

We have enjoyed salads on the patio several times this summer - always very good. In particula, salmon on the salads has been nicely cooked (not overdone). The beer selection is on par with local bars and the music has been very good. Service at the bar has been friendly and quick - on the patio it has been very slow at time (hence the 4-stars...).

1  Thank JSCKDC
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

The quality. .taste..has been a steady improvement. Now a 1st choice for many .Salmon, Scrimp pasta dishes, top inventive salads are favorites. Pastry chief deserts and hot bread ..yum,yum..inside or outdoor available.