“Fast, delicious and fun hibachi!”
Review of Wild Kanji

Wild Kanji
Ranked #34 of 140 Restaurants in Shelton
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We don't often go out for meals with the kids because, hey, it's expensive! But I wanted to reward our kids so we took a recommendation to go to Wild Kanji for hibachi! We called ahead to make a reservation and we seated at our own grill (we were 6). The waiter who took our order did not speak English as a first language, which is totally fine, but the kids had a bit of trouble understanding him. The hibachi chef was terrific and funny and tossed bits of veg at us to catch. The food was utterly delicious (we had steak, shrimp and noodles and fried rice) and we have lots of leftovers.

The whole experience was one of the FASTEST sit-down meals we've ever had with the kids!

The only negatives were 1) the waiter did not return until dinner was over. We had to flag him down to get water for our table. If we'd wanted a second beer or anything else we were out of luck and 2) my son ordered a calamari appetizer that was never received. So service is probably more like 3 stars. Otherwise I recommend it!

1  Thank la_letterata

Reviewed 30 March 2018

OMG, the food was absolutely delicious. I had the vegetable Hong Kong noodles and they were the best Asian noodles I've ever had. It was so good that I actually ate the entire thing! The place is very charming - it even has a koi pond with a little bridge. The service was great too. The owner/manager came over and talked to me and was very helpful and friendly. Before I ordered, I asked him to explain all of the different types of noodles to me (they have 5), which he did with patience. If I lived in Shelton, I would eat here all the time!

1  Thank WITravelBug
Reviewed 11 February 2018

My daughter and I decided to go out for Hibachi for her birthday. Although we were low key and did not announce her birthday, I did hear and see some nice birthday celebrations happening at the same time.

I had salmon and my daughter had chicken and fried rice. The man next to me had sea scallops and he said that they were prepared excellently. Our chef was fine and our food was well prepared, but I did notice that some of the other chefs were a bit more spunky in their personality and presentation, which is the only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5. Ironically, I thought we were going to the OTHER hibachi restaurant on Bridgeport Ave and was pleasantly surprised to happen onto this one instead. It had a nice warm atmosphere and the service was very good. We also were given a lot of food to eat and the mixed drinks were quite good. I would definitely do back here.

1  Thank SuzeGlick
Reviewed 21 December 2017

Great staff! Very welcoming and make sure you enjoy yourself as well as enjoy the good food. Habachi is the way to go. Never a dull moment. I would recommend this place to everyone.

1  Thank RBon051
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Recently visited for a birthday party. Party of 12, for an 11 year old. What a great, Fun, exciting experience!!! Definitely most memorable!
Excellent food, Great salmon, great service! Family friendly.
Will definitely be going back!

P.S. Check out the indoor Koi pond!

1  Thank kdlovessailing