“Customer service that was above and beyond” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County

Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
Montoursville
“Customer service that was above and beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

My wife and I needed a hotel that was reasonably priced,and close to my nephews wedding church and reception in Shelton, Conn. After searching the net and calling other hotels in the area, I called Homestead Studio Suites. We were greeted by Kaitlin who was polite, cheerful and very knowledgeable of the church and reception sites. After a brief discussion with Kaitlin I decided on Homestead Suites.Due to necessity we were driving four hours from Williamsport, Pa. the morning of the wedding. Check in time was 3:00 pm but we needed to be at the church by 1:30. I now had to ask her could she please allow us to check in at 12 noon so we could change into our wedding clothes and freshen up. We would be cutting it close time wise! Kaitlin told us that would be no problem at all. Our next hurdle was my gps said we were 40 to 45 mins from the church. We couldn't be late. Rebecca,at the front desk said she knew a faster way. We took her advice and made it with plenty of time to spare!!! The caring and knowledgeable staff at Homestead "made the difference" and turned this trip from being a rushed and hectic excursion, to a stress free, pleasurable stay at a very clean, well kept hotel. We will definitely choose Homestead again!! Kaitlin is the reason we choose Homestead and Rebecca is the reason we'll be coming back!!

Room Tip: They're all good!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank scubadude100556
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about Kaitlin, Rebecca, and your overall experience at Homestead Shelton - Fairfield County . Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Knowing that Kaitlin was the reason you chose to stay, and Rebecca the reason you will return, I have to believe that we have been successful in your case!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

The hotel itself was okay as far as cleanliness goes but there is nothing to do in the area. Stayed here because a family member was starting an internship in the area and we were going to New York City from there after dropping them off.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Shelton - Fairfield County . Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your kind words.
Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

A LARGE screened window that actually opens! Fresh air in a hotel - wow! Our stay was for one week and this was very important to us. A friendly and responsive staff. New linens and towels were available anytime upon request.A quiet and very nice room with a reasonably equipped kitchenette. The hotel is in a beautifully wooded area with supermarkets and restaurants within a mile. Jenny and I are pretty picky and we had zero complaints. A great value. We'll be back next year and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Dennis Ward

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dennis,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Shelton - Fairfield County . Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we look forward to your visit next year! In the meantime, please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Monroe, CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

We had to find a place to stay one night to accommodate work being done on our house and picked Homestead because they are pet friendly. Counter staff was friendly and I did get the firm mattress I asked for but the room was a bit tired looking and the carpet really needed a good cleaning. I am not even sure if it had been vacuumed after the last occupant left. The room was small and OK for a night but if my wife and I had to stay here for a week only one would have left unscathed. Supplies such as dishes etc. were spartan at best. Good thing there are a plethora of restaurants in the area. The place was quiet and I did sleep but some renovations are in order.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Shelton - Fairfield County . Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not completely satisfactory.
Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

This place was not selected by me but by the company I work for. I stayed here for just 5 nights during a business trip and it was not the best experience for me.
People at the front desk was always smily and nice, no complaints about that.
The room had a decent size. It has a small kitchenette, some basic stuff to prepare your meal and a little area to eat. Bed was ok and sheets of the bed where of low quality.
Shower was kind of broken so not a lot of pressure when you were taking a shower.
What I did not like was the paper-thin walls. I was able to hear everything from all directions, there was not a single night that I did not suddenly wake up: door slamming, or noise outside the window, there were shouts, everytime someone at a close room was in the shower or the bathroom, it sounded like it was inside my room. So for me it was not a nice place to rest and recover of a busy business day.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Shelton - Fairfield County. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I would like to take this opportunity to address the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of the guest room hallways is an integral part in creating a "home away from home" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
1.3 km away
1.5 km away
Courtyard Shelton
Courtyard Shelton
#4 of 6 in Shelton

Been to Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK