“Great pizza”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for an early dinner and sat outside on a beautiful afternoon. We were driving from NJ to Boston in the usual 84 traffic so this was our rest stop.

I had the burato salad with prosciutto and seared tuna and my daughter had the chicken pizza. The salad was excellent and the pizza was large with a thin crust, delicious.

I would have rated a 5 but the service was not the best. We were not given napkins or silverware when our food was served. Maybe it was the time of day, 4pm.

1  Thank Dan P

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Last night. Party of six. We go out once a month or so. Four of us got the sea bass special. Three of them were very good. We were pleased with it. The fourth sea bass special was requested with low salt and didn't show up until nearly everybody was finished. That same person ordered a salad which didn't show up at all. My wife ordered the rigatoni. It was not hot. It was also nothing to write home about. Ordinary. I have trouble criticizing the staff, because they were running around like lunatics trying to serve everybody at the restaurant. I have to blame the management for not putting enough of the staff in place so that simple mistakes would be more difficult to make.

1  Thank Earl E
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I wanted to have a casual lunch together. We couldn't have picked a more perfect location! The friendly service was perfect, and the food was excellent! They have a lovely outside patio, but being a bit windy, we decided to eat indoors. We ordered the special fig pizza to share( delicious), but also two appetizers - quesadilla ( very tasty) and the amore spring rolls (Italian style). Both of us loved everything, but the spring rolls were to die for! So, so good! Needless to say, we had a "doggie bag" to take home! Can't wait to go back to try something else, but we know the spring rolls will be reordered!

Reviewed 13 June 2017

I was always told, if you haven't got anything nice to say - don't say anything. My lips are sealed, as they were when the food eventually arrived.

1  Thank Julian C
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

My friend and I met for lunch. Located in Sandy Hook, not far off I-84 exit 10, this is a casually charming spot to enjoy a good variety of sandwiches, salads, and pizzas. I would have scored this 3 bubbles if we didn't enjoy our meals and the ambiance; prices are a bit high and service was friendly but very slow and inattentive. Our water glasses weren't topped off. It took 1.5 hours to get in and out on a moderately busy Saturday. I enjoyed the organic house salad and the cherry bomb pizza, which would have been better had the base been crisp enough to eat handheld. Free parking in their lot was available. I'd give Figs another try on a day I'm not in a hurry; there were many tempting items on their menu.

Been to Figs Wood Fired Bistro? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK