“Wonderful Brunch!”

Nouveau Monde Wine Bar & Bistro
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Sandy Hook
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 45
Description: Stylish bistro serving elevated American comfort food with an elegant ambiance. Seasonal appetizers and entrées are paired with over 40 wines by the glass and 200 by the bottle, along with a curated craft beer, spirits, port and sherries list. Wine Spectator Award of Excellence and Connecticut Magazine Expert's Pick/Best Bar for Wine & Cheese Crowd.
Reviewed 6 November 2016

I have had the pleasure of dining at Nouveau Monde for dinner but today we went for Brunch. It was beyond our expectations! We started with a Pink Bubbly Greyhound (Pink Grapefruit) and it was just the way to start off our meal. They brought us warm pumpkin bread and zucchini nut bread while we waited for our meals. We wanted to try a bit of everything so we had the Chicken and waffles, the Shrimp and grits and the Thai eggs benedict. Everything was so good. The chicken was perfect with the fluffy Belgian waffle and the warm bourbon maple syrup made the dish. The Shrimp and grits was a warm bowl of pure comfort, cheesy and delicious! I am a huge fan of eggs benedict and their version didn't let me down. Served on a homemade biscuit with the best hollandaise I have had in a long time. The service was very good and our every need was met. I will be back for sure.

1  Thank MrsJDS

Reviewed 4 November 2016

Beautiful restaurant and wine bar...but that is where it ends.
Poor quality ingredients, poor preparation and poor delivery.
I would hate to see this lovely place fail but it will unless the chef gets some big help!

3  Thank 6dogs
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Love this new establishment from where it is located along the beautiful river to the entire inside decor. I have never felt so comfortable outside of home! Very friendly staff as well.

1  Thank 708heidik
Reviewed 3 October 2016

Highly Highly suggest going here.. the vibe and the decor is beautiful!!! The owner is awesome and friendly and on site... all the staff couldn't of been nicer.. they go out of there way to make it a special time... the food is high end... the wines are perfect! We have been wanting a place like this to go to for so long so very happy its finally here! We are going back this weekend! And plenty of beers and other cocktails to choose from.. this is the perfect place to go!

1  Thank CTCouple310
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

Went to visit friends in Sandy Hook, we went for lunch at 2:20 PM. I was pleased with every aspect of this place, eclectic varied menu, great wine list, beautiful presentation of great food. Even superb coffee. I would drive a long way to enjoy the hospitality and wine and food again but I live in Maine 300 miles away so I will my friends more often. Duck, lamb, swordfish, steak, salads, bruschetta, vegetables, all great.

1  Thank aburnham2