“ok”
Review of O.C. Kitchen Bar

O.C. Kitchen Bar
Ranked #28 of 77 Restaurants in Rocky Hill
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 29
Description: O.C. Kitchen-Bar is an Italian restaurant located in Rocky Hill CT. We offer northern Italian cuisine with a modern twist.
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Started with delicious bread and tomato topping. Entrees just okay. Excellent service. Will I go back, doubtful.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 3 August 2018

When a friend suggested eating here I wasn’t overly excited. I ate here in the past and did really care for the food. However I decided to give it another try. When I arrived at the restaurant there were two people there not including my friend. Should I take this as a bad sign? While we sat at the bar waiting for our other friend. Kristin, the bartender, made us fresh sangrias so large you could dive right into them. When our friend arrived we decided to eat out on the covered patio. It turns out that Kristin was also our server. She was friendly, engaging and made recommendations for our entrees. The menu has been revised for the better. I believe they also have a new chef and it shows. I (of course) ordered the herb crusted salmon. The salmon came with a choice of potato and vegetable. My friends decided on the mushroom risotto and the sardine special which was highly recommended by Kristin. Everyone enjoyed their meals. We will be back for more!

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank EmilyP484
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We ordered a bunch of delicious appetizers on a Friday afternoon. There were 7 of us and 2 other people at the bar at 5:00. We were all wondering why it was empty. The Prosecco was only $5 a flute and the apps were so delicious! We ordered arancini, mozzarella sticks, calamari and so many other foods. The prices and food were great. We will be back for another HH soon.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank MLEPSU
Reviewed 23 May 2018

A friend and I stopped in for a late lunch. After viewing the menu, we opted for an early dinner. We cannot say enough superlatives about every aspect of our visit to this hidden gem! Greater Hartford....listen up! Mateo, chef/bartender/part owner? could not have been more cordial. The food? My herb crusted salmon was prepared to perfection. His meal of assorted seafood skewers was beyond expectation. The presentation: that of the finest restaurant on the Gold Coast! Their focaccia served with their own sundried tomato/sweet onion/garlic spread.....mouth watering. If I sound enthusiastic, that's an understatement! To find a gem like this amongst the myriad of just average Connecticut restaurants was sheer paradise. Thank you Mateo and your talented chef for the most unexpected surprise! We will return......often! PS: atmosphere is very appealing as well! (Since my computer for some reason wouldn't let me 'rate' the categories below, we give them each a well-earned 5). Thank you Officina Cucina for a wonderful culinary experience! Bravo!

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank 793sandy
Reviewed 24 April 2018

My mom saw this restaurant featured on Better Connecticut and decided this was where she wanted to go for her birthday. It couldn't have been a better choice. We went at 4 on a Sunday afternoon and were seated immediately on the enclosed heated porch. We started with cocktails, then the family sized antipasto platter for the table. It was absolutely delicious, with great focaccia and Italian bread, and a house made red pepper sauce alongside. The meals were all spot on, topped off with a dessert sampler plate that hit all the right notes. As an Italian family we have high expectations for Italian restaurants. This restaurant was on point and we will definitely return.

Date of visit: April 2018