“Good food but in no rush to return.”

Saybrook Fish House
Ranked #3 of 77 Restaurants in Rocky Hill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Fish was nice and fresh. great salad. service was so so from being seated at small table near a family with 2 toddlers while there were plenty of open and more comfortable tables elsewhere in the dining room. Waitress took our order; food was served. That's about all I can say for service. No hospitality, not welcoming. Not worth it. For the price, there are plenty of options with better service and atmosphere.

1  Thank 125FR

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Having lived in New England for a number of years and now living near Philadelphia we miss New England seafood.
The Saybrook Fish House was excellent. My wife had broiled bay scallops which were sweet and well prepared with a generous portion. I had to get two of my favorites, that I truly miss, steamers and fried clams (with bellies). I got appetizer portions of each and this was a more than sufficient meal.

Service was also top notch

I hope we get a chance to return

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Well on a “whim” my wife and I decided to go out and enjoy an early dinner on a late Tuesday afternoon. Well “heck” isn’t that what retirees do. So 4:30 it was. Only 2 other couples were there at the time so we experienced excellent service and great seafood dishes. The Swordfish Special was seasoned and grilled to perfection and boy was it served hot but who likes cold fish. I was not impressed with the steamed asparagus. It was too stringy and could not be cut. Didn’t spoil my meal at all however next time I will remember to ask for that grilled as well. My wife had a seafood sampler that presented exceptionally well and tasted great. We passed on dessert but were awarded the fruit tray to take with us that is offered pre-dessert. Having had a great experience before the dinner crowd arrived we had no problem leaving a tip of well more than the usual 20-25%. We look forward to returning time and time again.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Have been here on several occasions and never disappointed! Had a wonderful Surf and Turf while others had pasta and the nights special fish. Waiter was great and the evening was perfect. Everyone enjoyed their meal and I encourage everyone to try. You won’t be disappointed

Reviewed 29 August 2018

I was taken to Saybrook Fish House by my family for a Birthday dinner. I was more than surprised when my crab legs were brought to my table. they were nothing less than Awesome! Very taste full almost didn't need the butter they were the sweetest tasting crab meats legs I had in a while. Good Service too. I can't wait to go back! this is a must Do for seafood lovers.