“A Taste of Italy and Montenegro Under the Same Roof...Mmmmmmmmm!!!”

Rudy's Little Italy
Ranked #23 of 77 Restaurants in Rocky Hill
Reviewed 12 July 2018

This was our second visit to Rudy’s “Little Italy.” Just when we thought that, the experience couldn’t have gotten better; it did! Unfortunately, I could not find my notes from our first visit, but I did keep the notes from our second visit. The servers were great then, too!

Mandy was our server this time. Attentive to a fault, (as if there were ever such a thing in a restaurant), Mandy was relentless in her desire to please us, and she paid attention to every detail. Don’t let her seemingly young appearance fool you. She spoke intelligently about every menu item we asked about...stellar server with a great personality.

Rudy, the owner, had his humble beginnings on Franklin Ave., in the 80’s and worked in several well-known restaurants in the area. He learned his craft quickly and, believe me when I tell you, Rudy brings a wealth of culinary knowledge and experience to the table. Don’t believe me; believe your taste buds.

We are glad that Rudy’s is just down the street. Can’t wait to go back!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

The chicken Rosario is amazing. Great flavor. Friendly and attentive service. Good prices. Fresh baked bread and the tomato tapenade is fantastic.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

Old fashioned Italian place with Formica tables and vinyl seats. 4 Italian grandmothers were celebrating Lucy's birthday at the next table. Nothing on the walls but about as authentic as you can get. Red sauce ( gravy) was mild sweet and perfect. Dishes were generous and tasty. A special of Italian wedding soup was packed with acini di pepe pasta( like Italian couscous) spinach and a few delicious tiny meatballs in a thin broth. Yum. Lots of chicken veal and seafood dishes but we stuck to pasta. Come with a great salad with a variety of lettuces, chopped olives, shredded carrots cucumber and a tomato. Balsamic vinaigrette was terrific. A crispy square of garlic bread and a good Italian rolls also is included. Waitress was not young but seemed inexperienced but friendly. It's close to the highway so you can stop by on your way. Good place.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

AS the saying goes second time is a better this place is wonderful the staff from the hostess to the staff make you feel that you are the only ones they are take care of.The food was delicious from the bread and dipping sauce. The atmosphere the is great .I love the place. The meals are the best had the chicken parm huge amount of chicken sauce was great. But the best is the service you get its a friendly place to eat and the bar looks great. You will love the place

Reviewed 16 June 2018

I ate at Rudy's fairly late after work. The staff, including the manager, took very good care of me. The house wine was actually lovely with some bread and oil. The arancini appetizer was well crafted, followed by nice salad. The lasagna was good. I would go back.