“Lunch”

Barn Door Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 112 Restaurants in Ridgefield
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 30
Description: Gather, Eat, and Drink at The Barn Door Restaurant, where our fervor for flavor and our welcoming atmosphere create a haven for people who simply love food. Our bold dishes start with fresh ingredients because we believe fresh food is at the heart of delicious food. Let us help create an extraordinary and special dining adventure that you'll never forget!
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Truly enjoyed this place! I read the reviews and decided to give it a shot. I was expecting a very rustic spot and decor and although there was some rustic decor it was also very updated as well. We enjoyed our ride to the restaurant but were ready to eat when we finally got there.
To start off we had a half dozen oysters which were delicious. For our meal my girlfriend ordered the lamb burger and I had the BBQ ribs. Both meals were absolutely delicious. The lamb burger was so juicy and tasty. It was cooked at the perfect temperature and every bite was full of flavor and juices. My BBQ ribs were fall of the bone delicious. They were perfect just how I like them. I could have eaten another rack. Overall we had a great experience and will definitely be back to try other menu items.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

I am always pleased when a new local restaurant opens up and hopeful that it will be successful with so many closing down for various reasons. Well, sadly Barn Door was a big miss for me. We made a reservation on their web-site that was left pending for 2 days. When I called the day of the reservation to see if they were able to accommodate us the reply was that it had been confirmed. No it was not, and I was given our first, "Sorry for the inconvenience." We arrived on time and were asked if we wanted to sit in the bar area. It was dark and looked out on the parking lot so we opted to sit in the main dining area. Our table, directly in the line of traffic coming in and out of the kitchen, was cramped between 2 large tables. I will bore you with the constant moving of tables around us saga. The ceiling is pretty low and therefore the noise levels in the room were high, but not have to shout to be heard high. Our waiter who came over right away was mildly sarcastic and had the I don't need to work here attitude. We ordered drinks and when they arrived we ordered our appetizers and entrees. After @ 25 minutes we asked where our appetizer was and after a quick dash to the kitchen he told us that it had been given to another table in error. Second, sorry for the inconvenience. Well, then please cancel it and bring our entrees soon. I will ask the kitchen to fire them up ASAP. About 5 minutes later, our way undercooked appetizer was delivered! We told the second waiter that we had cancelled it and asked for our entrees and he said that it would be comped and enjoy. Third, sorry for the inconvenience. You probably guessed it.....our entrees arrived within minutes. My husband asked if they could be kept warm (never a good idea), but since our appetizer was undercooked and tasteless I asked to please serve them. Fourth,..... Our entrees were good despite the heavy sauce on both. We finished and asked for the check and went to our favorite ice cream place down the road for dessert. At least that was a hit as always and our evening was somewhat saved.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Just returned from the Barn Door and had a great experience as usual. We had lunch in the beautifully appointed dining room, and cozy fireplace. We ordered turkey burgers and a lamb burger and the food was as great as ever. No complaints from this group. The staff at the restaurant is always friendly and service is on point. This is one restaurant we keep going back to. Try it, you’ll like it!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I was here with friends for drinks and we split some appetizers. The appetizers were good but the service was only mediocre. We were in the bar area - not sure if that had something to do with it.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Arber, the owner, makes you feel like a long lost friend. The main dining room with its fireplace is extremely comfortable. The menu, although it's not extensive, has something for everyone. We've been here 5 or 6 times and they always exceed our expectations.