“Real Friendly Folks!”

Wiremill Saloon and Barbecue
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Redding
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 2 November 2017

When you're a stranger in a strange town, it's so nice to meet friendly locals! That was our experience at The Wiremill. Matthew, the bartender, was very welcoming and sweet as were the few locals at the bar. We felt right at home! Beer selection was very nice. I thoroughly enjoyed a Lawson's 'Sip of Sunshine IPA'. We started out with a combo appetizer of fried pickle spears, smoked wings, deviled eggs & pimiento spread with crackers. It was all fabulous! Especially the wings and spread...Wow!
Hubby had brisket, which he loved and I had the ribs which were really tasty and the smoke on everything was perfect. Collard greens couldn't have been any better, mac 'n cheese was creamy and corn bread sweet and moist. We ended with a comforting, warm fruit cobbler topped with vanilla ice cream. This great little joint doesn't need my review...they have many. But, I'm writing one anyway, because they deserve it and we appreciate what they're doing!

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped in and had the ribs - they were by far the best the both of us have ever had! Great place, great service with the food coming out very quick. This was our first visit but won’t be the last!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

The barbecue and even the pastrami sandwiches are the best in the area. The service was very professional, upbeat and fun. The smoking meat aromas are wonderful.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

I'm a big BBQ fan. I've tried out all over the northeast and Wiremill is hands down the best. The only down side is when I come back from my quarterly trip to Nashville it takes a good month to lose the real Nashville BBQ before I'll go to Wiremill :)

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

If I'm anywhere near Redding I'm making a point of stopping here. Absolutely love this place! Like I said in the title, quite possibly the best BBQ in CT. Honestly, if a quality craft brewery opened up nearby I may have to move out there. That combination would put Redding on the map for sure!