All reviews front desk waffles room was clean double king saltwater pool included breakfast stayed here for two nights nice pool first floor exercise room the breakfast area nice breakfast we've stayed off the highway business trip jimmy lei
Reviewed 29 October 2018

On the last evening of a wedding trip we stayed at the Quality Inn in Old Saybrook. The facility is pretty old and worn looking. The common areas are not in the greatest shape and the elevator was dirty. The AC unit in our room was very noisy and we ended up turning it off as we had trouble sleeping with it on. Also the TV was very fuzzy on many of the channels. It probably needed to be replaced or a new cable installed.
The breakfast items were average for this type of hotel, scrambled eggs, assorted bread items, yogurts, cereals and coffee.
I would normally pay under $100 for a place of this quality but they charge over $200 per night because of it's location. Certainly not worth the money.

Room tip: Don't go here if you have other options
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Joe A, General Manager at Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Hi Keith - Thank you taking a moment to review the hotel. We wanted to let you know that our hotel is going under a half million dollar renovation this winter so hopefully if you come back you will see the changes. Our rates are in line with the area and the season. Hope you visit us again soon.
Joe Appi,

Reviewed 29 October 2018

Our room was very nice having been updated in the recent years. The general grounds, exterior of the hotel, and the hallways could use a major upgrade as their condition detracts from the true value. With the local competition having significantly higher prices, there is room for an increase in rates that would allow a subsequent upgrade. The site was quiet and the price was a very good value.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your review - we are doing a half million dollar renovation this winter, so hope fully if you come back you will see the changes but still get the awesome service and a clean hotel.

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights while visiting Boston and Hamden, and had a very comfortable stay. Very hospitable staff helped separate this from 90% of other hotels of this kind I have stayed in. All 3 members off staff I engaged with were friendly and took care to ask if there was anything they could do to make my stay more comfortable. Outstanding service.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Joe A, General Manager at Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2018

Hi Patches,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to write a review about your stay at the Quality Inn Old Saybrook. I am happy to hear that the staff was engaging and friendly, we pride ourselves on our service and cleanliness of the hotel. Thanks again and we do hope you stay with us again if you ever need lodging in the area,

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel was wonderful to stay at. My husband and I enjoyed it so much we were both in town for a work convention and this was a great price and had all the essentials for a fantastic stay. Would definitely stay again dig shower clean sheets and easy check-in

Date of stay: October 2018

HI Brad - We are happy to hear that the Quality Inn Old Saybrook was able to provide you with a clean hotel for you when you were in the area for a convention. We are thrilled to hear that you and your husband enjoyed the hotel. We do hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

I was visiting Hamden to see my sick mother, I just booked a hotel that would be cheap and convenient. I didn’t expect much from my stay. What I experienced far exceeded my expectations. The room was remarkably clean and the service was excellent, the staff were always present and happy to help during my stay! I will definitely be back quality in the next time I visit my mother

HI Joe -
First off we do hope that your Mom gets better soon. We are happy to hear that our hotel exceeded your expectations. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness and service here at the Quality Inn Old Saybrook. I do hope I get to meet you next time you are in the srea.
Joe Appi,