All reviews fresh salt three stories saybrook point overlooking the marina steam room outdoor pool small balcony long island sound connecticut river water view romantic weekend new england working fireplace lobster roll sitting area the main hotel on site restaurant
Reviewed 12 November 2018

Upon the recommendation of a friend,my husband and I dined here for dinner after dropping our youngest at college. The atmosphere is vibrant and energetic. The outdoor bar is the place to be. Great cocktails and wine selection. We then moved inside for dinner. We both had the salmon special, just amazing. The service was impeccable.

Date of stay: August 2018
SaybrookPTGM, Director of Operations at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Lyn-

Thanks to your friend and you! Our most valuable reviews are often those that don't get posted to a website, but that are passed on from one person to another. I'm glad you enjoyed the salmon and the level of service.

Please join us again soon!

Warmly,

Reviewed 5 November 2018

Now that we live in the area, I can recommend this location to out of town visitors. It's a lovely resort with everything you could want! You can enjoy your entire visit without leaving the location, or venture into town to try some of the great restaurants and browse some local shops.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
SaybrookPTGM, Director of Operations at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Kathi-

Thank you for your review! You point out one of the 'hidden' benefits of our location-not just are we on Long Island Sound with beautiful views, but the town of Old Saybrook itself is a great destination. Please join us again soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2018

We celebrated my birthday with a weekend getaway here. I booked a luxury room with a balcony and a fireplace. Despite the weather on Saturday we enjoyed our stay very much.
Our room was not ready when we arrived at 3 which was a little disappointing but to be fair apparently check in time is 4:00 p.m. and the woman at the front desk was very nice and had us pre-register and wished me happy birthday. They had a birthday card for me with a free drink which I thought was a very nice touch. We headed over to the bar for a drink while we waited. Dean the bartender was friendly and actually made probably the best chocolate martini I have ever had. Even when the on-site wedding spilled over into the bar area and they were slammed he and the other bartender didn't lose their cool.
The only reason this wasn't a 5* excellent review was room service breakfast. We ordered coffee, pastry and an omelet to be delivered - it did arrive on time....The omelet was okay and the coffee although a pretty small portion was also okay. The coffee cups though were dirty one had a coffee ring inside and the other actually had trash inside not what you'd expect for the price we paid. So I'd say skip the room service and go downstairs to eat where the staff is excellent, food is good and the dishes are clean.
Despite that little hiccup we would absolutely return again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SaybrookPTGM, Director of Operations at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

JMT-

Thank you for your review! I appreciate your detailed account of the check-in process and your experience at the bar.

I'm sorry about your experience with room service; I will be following up with our food and beverage team to discover how that happened; that is certainly not the experience we aim to provide, and is frankly unacceptable. If you would care to reach out to me directly, I'd love to hear more about your experience and ensure your next stay is without that hiccup.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

We attended a wedding while spending a few days at this beautiful resort. Its right on the water with fantastic views of the ocean. The Inn put on a wonderful wedding event which we will remember for a lifetime. The rooms are very large and comfortable with outside decks and fireplaces.
For the most part the staff was exceptional. We did have two incidents that we were not happy about.
The first was during the wedding meal. There was a wine service which poured wine on request. At one point a family member wanted wine and there was no one there to serve it so she poured some and put the bottle on the table for others. A security person in a rude manner told her if she touched the bottles again she would be removed from the party. I think this was a bit over the top and could have been handled much better.
Earlier in the evening during the appetizer outside function one of the guests wandered towards the waterfront with a glass in his hands. Once again a security person threatened him with expulsion for leaving the area of the outside event. These people need to tone it down and treat their guests with more respect.
Other than that the food and drinks were done very well and the Inn has a great atmosphere inside.

Room tip: Get the backside on the water with ocean views
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
SaybrookPTGM, Director of Operations at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Keith-

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your review, including a description of your room and compliments about the staff.

Please contact me direct so I can learn more about your experience regarding glassware and wine service; I'm surprised to read about the manner in which you were treated and hope I can get more detail from you and address the issues you mention internally.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 28 October 2018

We were in town for a wedding, so I called almost a year in advance and booked our hotel room. My daughter and I were traveling together. Pauline had emailed 2 days before to confirm when the train would be dropping us off for a pick-up, and I responded immediately to her request. On the day of arrival, we were waiting out in the cold for over 35 minutes. I still called the property and no one picked up. That was a turn off. However, the check-in was fine and we were set up on the 2nd floor right next to the recreation room; very private and nice. We couldn't hear anything except for people right next door to us on their porch. The spa services were very, very good and top knotch quality for both of us. Abigail was a fantastic masseuse! Everything was expensive, but everything is good! We also tried the outside pool (fabulous), the indoor pool (fabulous), and the hot tub (delightful). I also appreciated the bathing suit dryer in the bathroom and the make-up remover towelettes in the ladies bathroom! They really thought of EVERYTHING (even bath tub salts). We were able to get lunch, but when it came time to get dinner - my daughter was told to come down to the restaurant at a certain time - and they turned her away 3 times. Finally the front desk lady, who was new, said, "oh, just order and we'll deliver it to your room." My daughter ordered for us after 3 hours of waiting for a table and they charged us for dinner, tax, the room service charge, and an obscene gratuity charge? Shocking and confusing. When we brought it to their attention the next day, they took the tax off - what? That was not the issue. That being said, the concierge came up and fixed our bath tub immediately when it wouldn't work and the double queen size beds were HEAVENLY. I also loved that the close caption worked because I have hearing issues, and the double queen room was a perfect size. Minor complaints here and there, but otherwise, we really loved our experience and can't wait to go back. I wish they had a quick grab-n-go for snacks, but if you can get into the bar - the food and drinks are great!!!

Room tip: Second floor rooms facing the parking light are better for sleep.

Katie-

I'm so sorry you were waiting for a ride! That is certainly not the way we hope our guests begin their experience with us. Additionally, I would love to follow up with you regarding your experience with the restaurant. What you describe is not our practice and I feel terrible that you had to endure that.

I am however thrilled that your experience upon arrival seems to have made up for these shortcomings. We take pride in our full service spa and facilities; we can't wait to see you again.

Please contact me directly so I can hear more about your stay and address those areas in which we fell short.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Warmly,