All reviews bagels home fries english muffin large grocery store room was pretty clean hotel snob tanger outlets once or twice a year close drive very pleased with our stay free breakfast comfortable beds small refrigerator coffee pot hot water short stay large room
Reviewed 27 February 2018

Located on a quiet stretch of Rt 1, there's quick and easy access to the finest attractions the Old Saybrook Connecticut Shoreline has to offer. All the best seafood restaurants, the best Mexican Restaurant in CT (Cuckoo's Nest) minutes away, Walmart Plaza 1.5 miles north on Rt 1, Mohegan Sun Casino, 25 min tops. Mystic, 23 miles.
Amtrack and Shoreline East after the Walmart Plaza. Many Chinese restaurants.
Pier Blue went independent of Days Inn chain and the result is quality and affordability.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I just stayed here. Not only was the staff incredibly kind and generous, but the room was immaculate, and they gave us a free upgrade to an even more beautiful room! VJ was especially kind, and so was his son. I would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone!!!!!! I wish I could give it a 6 star rating! Thank you to the staff for being so warm and helpful. because of you, old saybrook may become a staple vacation place!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2018

This was a very pleasant surprise. Everything about this place from check in to check out was an enjoyable stay. Rooms were clean, warm and cosy . Beds were comfortable .Staff were a delight. Price was very reasonable .

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2017

We recently visited Pier Blue Guesthouse for the 5th time!!! That should tell you something right there! We love Pier Blue and its staff, especially VJ! This time we went for my birthday weekend, just a brief getaway for my mother, daughter, and I. What brought us to Pier Blue in the first place were the reviews I read that mentioned how wonderful the staff is. That is still the case! When you arrive and they immediately recognize you without even giving your name, and greet you with a huge smile, you know you are in good hands! I have nothing negative to say about them, we loved the room, the beds, it has everything you could need in it - a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron & ironing board (I didn't need that, lol!), beautiful new wood furniture made from logs. And the shower is divine! There is a free breakfast in the morning with all the basics, including scrambled eggs and home fries. My only regret is that we can never stay more than one night because we have to go back to work. Please consider them the next time you're in the area. They are 1 exit from the Tanger Outlets, about 20 minutes from Mystic. There is a shopping center nearby, restaurants, gas stations, and they are about 1 minute from exit 66 off I-95. A few minutes away you can take a lovely drive along the shoreline, and the Katherine Hepburn museum is in Old Saybrook, too. Oh, and they've also opened their own restaurant next door! And the cherry on top is that Pier Blue is very affordable! Tell them Maria sent you!

Room Tip: It's a 2 floor hotel, we always stay in a room on the first floor near the office.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Maria P
voveda, Guest Relations Manager at Pier Blue Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Dear Maria,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
We appreciate your , making PierBlue, home away from home when you visit Old Saybrook.
We will continue to improve our facilities to continue meeting your expectations.
Our best wishes to you and your family for the holidays and wish you all happy, prosperous new year 2018!
Gratefully
Team at PierBlue Old Saybrook

Reviewed 21 November 2017

The rooms were clean. The furniture was handmade and really unique. There was a set of table and chairs so we were able to play cards at night. Ajay could not have been nicer. He would do whatever he could to make sure our stay was a good one. Breakfast was good. Would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
We are humbled with your kind words of encouragement.
We are pleased , we were able to meet your expectations, and will continue to improve our facilities.
Our best wishes for the holidays and wish you happy, and prosperous new year 2018!
Gratefully