Pier Blue Guesthouse
Liberty Inn(Old Saybrook)
US$ 91
US$ 88
US$ 333
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa(Old Saybrook)
US$ 237
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 313/night.

US$ 282
US$ 272
Clinton Motel(Clinton)
US$ 85
US$ 74
Niantic Inn(Niantic)(Great Value!)
US$ 194
US$ 87
All reviewsbagelshome frieslarge grocery storeroom was pretty cleanhotel snobtanger outletsclose drivefree breakfast buffetgreat showerovernight staylocation is excellentsmall refrigeratorguest housethe room was nicelocal attractionscomfortable bedscoffee pot
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Let me first start off by saying that the staff at this hotel was very friendly and helpful.
There was a gentleman there at night when we arrived late and another one in the morning when we departed. Both were very nice. However, our stay in Room 204 was very bad, to put it lightly. Where do I start? Let's start with the smell and then move to Sound and Sight. First thing is that there is indoor carpet installed outside on the stairs and walkways. The wet carpet smelled a bit like my dog when I bathe him before he dries. This smell has seeped into our room at 204. Moving on to the Sounds. Everything in the place creaked like something from the Addams family. From the front door to the floor to the bathroom door. Might seem minor, but if anyone got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom or go outside then everyone woke up. It was that loud. Next was the toilet. Now, we have all had a noisy toilet, but this one sounded like the loudest tea pot in the world going off. So if you did manage to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night unheard, if you flushed then you would have woke everyone on both sides of the room. I am certain of this as the snoring of the person in the room next to ours was drowned out by the high pitched toilet flushing in our room. Let's close this out with our Sight experience. There is no view of the ocean to the rear of the hotel. A few lawn chairs on green grass is all and they look good in the pictures. This place sits in an industrial district with a liquor store and convenience store down the road. Thank goodness for the liquor store!. And, the bathroom sink was held up by the spindles from a stairway with the PVC plumbing fully exposed. I am taking the time to write this because I have stayed at Motel 6's that are twice as good as this, but I paid $130 for this one. Note to everyone, if the ratings say 54% approval then it is likely worse. Some people are just overly nice by design. Look at the ratings and not the comments. To close....the people at the front desk were very polite, bit if you want an upgrade to this place I would find the nearest Motel 6 or Super 8.
I hope this helps someone.
Thanks

Room Tip: Avoid room 204
2  Thank jodbo66
voveda, Guest Relations Manager at Pier Blue Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for your feedback!
Our apologies for your inconvenience... however, let me correct you..
1,our picturesque town has no major industry
2,nor we are in any industrieal area
3,and nearest liqure store is mile away from us.
4,we do have a distant ocean views.
5, our room rates are fairly comparable to other fine lodgings nearby.
6, we offer comfortable beds, a good shower
( good water pressure)
7, fair breakfast consisting..scrambled eggs, home frys, banana, Appel, orange juice , cereal, breads and more.
8, convenient in town location ,.. walking distance to American,Italian, Mexican, Thai, Indian, restaurants.
8, above all... we always try to do our best to make our guests have a comfortable stay by making corrections and improvements.

Thank you and kind regards.
With due respect,
Team at,
PierBlue Oldsaybrook

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Wow. I am shocked that this motel is rated 3.5 stars. I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt when booking for 1 night. We are not picky, but do expect better accommodations for 3.5 stars. Upon checkout I mentioned a few of our concerns with the room - strong mold smell in room, mildewed shower curtain, and a sink faucet that was broken and couldn't easily be turned off! One of the VERY NICE and friendly partners blamed it on new housekeeping staff. The issues with this motel go way beyond housekeeping. I am not sure if we were in a remodeled room or not, but we clearly were the first to check in at 1:45 on a wed afternoon in mid-October. That in itself was a little scary. You would think we would have been given a remodeled room.
Other Concerns: There was a leftover wet washcloth in the tub. Shower curtain rod was loose and was in danger of falling off the wall. The baseboards and trim were unpainted and split, bathroom door and main door were old, stained and badly in need of being replaced. Breakfast area in lobby was sad...the smoke detector goes off when toaster is used. Breakfast was basic, and included eggs ( which were good), hash browns, pancakes, Rice Krispies, Frosted Flakes, a few English muffins, a few pieces of bread, and a few bagels. Fruit offered was bananas. There was no yogurt, but there were containers of pudding, and jello with fruit.
Positives: sheets were clean, bed was comfortable. They gave you free water upon check in. Management was friendly.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cintayroy
Reviewed 10 October 2017

My family and I had such a lovely time. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The hotel is under remodeling therefore the manager stated some rooms are in the process of getting a makeover however our room was the newly remodeled room and it was very cozy, clean and the furniture was beautiful. What stands out the most is the hospitality and service of the Pier Blue Guesthouse team. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura7337
Reviewed 8 October 2017

This place looks NOTHING like the pics! There is NO pier and the only thing blue are the doors! The "picnic area" looks worse than the outside of a college frat house, old chairs, beat up grills, etc. The one guy who was there this morning was very nice, but I'd never stay there again! The place is dirty and outdated! We payed almost $200 to stay in a dump and could have stayed at the Water's Edge, which was beautiful for about $220! It really makes me mad that the pics of Blue Pier look nothing like the ones on their website! No pier, no docks, no lighthouse! DUMP!

Room Tip: go anywhere else
Reviewed 6 October 2017

The man in the office was very nice and also helpful in finding a place for us to have dinner. He upgraded us to a room with a king bed. The room was pretty clean an the bed was comfortable. The rooms had some have duty furniture that looked to be handmade. They need to finish up on the molding. It needs to be painted. Breakfast was OK.