“Excellent Customer Service & Fresh Oysters”

Liv's Oyster Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 85 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 29
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Liv's is the brainchild of John Brescio. He is a French Culinary Institute-trained chef who worked at Tavern on the Green and Judson Grill in New York as well as Aux Delices in Greenwich. Liv's is names for the Brescio's young daughter Olivia, a photogenic tyke whose black and white blowups grace the walls. 'The combination of easy comfort and really good food makes Liv's Oyster Bar in Old Saybrook such a find' - The NY Times.
Reviewed 7 February 2016 via mobile

We travel out of our way to have dinner at Livs. The place is small but who cares when you have outstanding customer service and the food is consistently delicious. Check out the desert menu (pumkin cheesecake) and our bartender Maggy was quick and knowledgable about recommendations. Server Fay was great!

Reviewed 17 January 2016

The decor was simple and clean, nice without being fancy- perfect for a beach town. Our appetizers and meals were both delicious. I has a pasta dish with clams and sausage which was quite possibly the most original, flavorful pasta I have ever had. The drink list was inventive and fresh. I am looking forward to going back!

Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I heard about livs after a trip to west marine, food is amazing as well as the service. You have to get the oyster sampler you get one oyster from different locations! Also the wedge salad with buffalo shrimp is so good too! Get it every time I go!

Reviewed 15 December 2015

Before our visit I knew little about Liv's. Since then everyone I've told said it was a great place and it was. There were four of us in our party and none of us had been there before. The ambiance was good. Well appointed and not noisy. The menu contained a small but yummy sounding entrees, but many appetizers, starters, salads and soups. We ordered oysters and a fried fish and vegetable platter, Fritta Mista, for appetizers. They were both excellent. Two of us, me included, ordered the fennel crusted tuna over mashed potatoes and broccoli rabe. The others both ordered the fish and chips. The meals arrived hot and at the same time. There was not a scrap left on my plate and I stole some of the excellent fries. For desserts we had the crème brulee and the poached pear. Overall it was an excellent meal with good service.

Reviewed 11 November 2015

I came here to eat just a few days ago for my mother's birthday. Right of the bat, I noticed how friendly all the staff were. Our appatizers came quickly and there were no mistakes. The food was good, though I didn't particularly like the dish I had. The staff were attentive so they noticed this and asked if there was anything else I wanted and then took the meal off of the bill. It was far more than what I would normally see at a restraint and I left there wanting to go back again.