“Weekend getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Heritage Motor Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Saybrook
Heritage Motor Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Old Saybrook
Milford
“Weekend getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2007

Friendly family owned small establishment with pool in backyard setting. Very accomodating and available with great suggestions for restaurant suggestions, antiquing, and shopping. Always on site. Clean home type atmosphere. This is the second time in three years we spent the weekend with friends. Will go back again. Easy to make reservations. No concern regarding confirmation status - accurate with reservation information given.
all units on ground floor with outside entrance.

• Liked — Convienent
  • Disliked — No opinion
  • Stayed July 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank MilfordMaya
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
RI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2006

If you're looking for a comfortable, very clean, and friendly place to stay, than this is it. IT's not fancy by any means, could use some renovations, but the beds were comfortable and clean. The owner ( Carol) is so friendly and helpful she makes you feel as if you've known her for a very long time. They also serve coffee, juices, muffins, granola bars, oatmeal, and fresh fruit in the morning. For someone like me who doesn't like to go out looking for a breakfast place in the morning this is a big plus. Definitely recommend!

• Liked — cleanliness and friendly staff
  • Disliked — torn shade in bathroom and door wouldn't close
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank mgbgal
New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2006

We recently stayed at this small motel while visiting family for the weekend. From our first contact making reservations, we encountered very friendly, very honest, and very helpful staff. The woman who took the reservations explained that the room was small and methodically explained the limitations of the room, bath, and amenities. When we checked in, she explained that she had not charged our credit card yet because she wanted to show us the room and make sure we were satisfied. Very impressive customer service!

The room was, in fact, small with two double beds and a small bathroom with a "showertub". Since we were only planning to sleep in the room, we were not concerned with the smallness. Despite being small, the room and bathroom were very clean (though the room had a slight musty odor). The beds were comfortable though the sheets were a bit scratchy. The bathroom had plenty of towels and plenty of hot water. We did not need to use the a/c on the nights we were there so we can't comment on that. Instead, we left the windows open. Despite being on a very busy road, at night, it was fairly quiet. The walls are pretty thin and the plumbing is pretty loud but surprisingly, it was fairly quiet during our stay. We could hear muffled sounds from the TV and voices in the next room but not loud enough to be disturbing. The pool was very clean though not heated. The grounds were well kept and also clean. The continental breakfast consisted of coffee, juice, fruit, boiled eggs, instant oatmeal packages, granola bars and packaged cinnamon buns.

Overall, this motel, though old, is well kept and very clean with friendly employees. It lacks almost all of the modern amenities except for cable TV and a/c but that was not an issue for us either. While we were neither disappointed nor dissatisfied, in the end, the price just seemed a bit too high.

1 Thank Foxxfam
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2005

I brought my family (4 kids) here to stay while waiting to get into our new house - it is clean,very clean. The owners are very warm and friendly, we felt very comfortable and safe. The furnishings are tradional in style, the bathrooms are older but in excellent condition and spotless. Having checked other area motels and hotels before checking in here, I can say with out any doubt that this is the best deal in the area. we unexpectedly needed a few more nights a few days later and my wife and kids wanted to go back -we did. It's a bit like staying at your grandparents house, homely and warm.

• Stayed September 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2004

I have stayed at the Heritage Motor Inn several times. Twice with my 2 teenage boys and husband and twice with my entire family, which includes my elderly parents. There are several things I like about this small motor inn. First, it is immaculate...they keep it spotless. Second, the young couple, Kris and Neil, that run the motel live in the historical house adjacent to the motel (so they are there to check you in and out and available if you have any problems...even at 3 am in the morning...they live there!)
Third, my parents have difficulty walking...so I could park their car directly outside their room and bring in my father's oxygen machine (I apologize that I don't know the technical term for this cumbersome machine) and their luggage...no stairs, everything on one floor.
Fourth, there is a refrigerator and microwave in most of the rooms...this saved on snacks and drinks.
Fifth, the pool is landscaped with lovely flowers and shrubs/trees and nice patio furniture, so I could sit in the shade. My sons liked it because the pool was deeper than 4 feet in areas (as opposed to the current hotel pools that are only 3 to 4 feet deep)
Sixth, my son said that we should mention they have cable TV in every room....obviously a positive thing if you are a teenager.
Seventh....I get up very early and walk...the location is excellent for a morning walk to the beach.
I travel alot...for business and pleasure... this is a motel that is very clean, you can open the windows in the rooms for fresh air or you can use the airconditioners. You can save money with the microwaves and refrigerators in the room. I think the most important point is that Kris and Neil Beezer grew up in the area...they know the town and the surroundings....they run the motel and they are concerned about their guests.
From the previous review, I learned they now have a breakfast buffet. I feel that is a very valuable savings feature in a motel. My teenage sons eat alot...my parents enjoy a cup of coffee with a pastry in the morning. I would recommend this motel ...it is AAA certified.

11 Thank abg1281
Liberty Inn
#7 of 7 in Old Saybrook
16.7 km away
Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton

Been to Heritage Motor Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK