Heritage Motor Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Old Saybrook
See available hotels
Pier Blue Guesthouse(Old Saybrook)
Liberty Inn(Old Saybrook)
Great 4.5/5
Clinton Motel(Clinton)
Shore Road Inn(Old Lyme)
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Read reviews, checked website and called. Some strange reviews seemed contradictory so I called and asked questions. A pleasant, knowledgeable american woman answered the phone on the 2 occasions we called. She told me about how the place was a smaller non commercial establishment (family run), on Rt. 1, No smoking in rooms, no pets, no long term residents, etc. ( full disclosure no supprises or false expectations - how refreshing). pricing was very reasonable, we were able to park literally right outside of our rooms which was good since my father has a large breathing machine to tote around. Rooms were clean, we didn't find any ants as you would on Cape Cod. We had a restfull comfortable stay and our hosts were able to answer questions about the area, give directions and recommendations. They saved the day for us the day of our cousin's wedding as they found out there was a parade on Main Street where the church was and gave us an ETA with traffic, alternate routes and parking. We were punctual while many other were not!
Only one thing, there is a sign out front that says American owned and operated, I myself was not offended, I am not one to question anothers pride.
We would go back given the opportunity.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank oldfashionedvalues
Reviewed 19 February 2009

The owners and staff are fabulous: really friendly and helpful. The room and bath were very clean, and quiet. However, we had lots of big, black ants in our bathroom. Also, the swimming pool was dirty inside, as well as the outdoor carpeting surrounding it. It is located on a main highway, a convenient but unattractive location. The prices were very fair.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Screaminglyfine
Reviewed 3 November 2007

The room was spotlessly clean and the bed comfortable. That said there is very little to commend this place. We experienced none of the friendliness mentioned in other reviews.It is very expensive and requires payment as you arrive. Noticing that it offered AAA discount I asked for it before departing. I was told, in a friendly manner "that I should have asked for it when booking",that " they didn't give it during holiday weekends" and " the price was below that posted in the AAA book'- take your pick.
The room has a phone which doesn't accept incoming calls. Do not use it . The tariff we were quoted for a call within the US was truly exorbitant. I've paid less in five star establishments.The breakfast served in a hut like office was mediocre, and the spacious patio was cramped. At $150 this was very expensive never to be repeated experience. Go to the nearby chain hotel. In comparison it has to be good value and more friendly

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Mollywobble
Reviewed 23 October 2007

my husband and I stayed here one night; an ok place, clean. But, if you want to check in a little early and also a place to wait around (for friends, just to get out of your room, etc), you are out of luck. This is really very basic motel, without any public waiting room except outdoors. I guess it's reasonable price for this expensive town with nothing much to do though. This town really is for rich retirees who want to stroll around the beach - mostly private beaches where a tourist (like me & my husband) cannot even visit the lighthouse, because it is located inside a private area which is restricted to certain private 'members only'. Not the best vacation spot, but a good idea why someone rich & famous like Kathryn Hepburn decided to retire here.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank ji
Reviewed 1 August 2007

Staff was extremely cooperative. Couldn't have been nicer.
Enjoyed the pool every day. Room was very clean and comfortable.
Hope to go back next year.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family