“Disappointing family night out”

Alforno Ristorante and Brick Oven Pizzeria
Ranked #26 of 83 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Alforno Ristorante and Brick Oven Pizzeria is a family-friendly restaurant run by a friendly family of Italian-Americans. We have a deep love for food and an even deeper love for sharing that food with our community. At Alforno, everything from our stocks to our bread is homemade with fresh ingredients, Tuscan influences, and a commitment to quality. Join us for a sip, a sweet treat, or an indulgent meal and experience for yourself all the flavors we're so fond of.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The staff was 8 out 10. The wait for the meal was much to long considering their was only 3 other tables and 2 wait staff. My grandfather ordered a manhattan, it was mostly ice, small and $11.00. My martini was good but very small for $12.00. My wife and daughter ordered a small cheese pizza. It was more like a personal size and the sauce had no flavor. We have had pizza almost everywhere and I would rate this one a 5 out of 10. The rest of us had dinners. Across the board they were 5 out of 10, not much taste and pricey. In my opinion, I feel that the owner of this establishment needs to pay more attention to his business. David, Old Lyme CT

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Wait staff is superb, like goin to Grandm's house on Sunday for pasta and gravy. Well mixed drinks, pizza is excellent. Been there at least 20 times, never disappointed.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I really like this restaurant. The pizza is excellent, but the menu is also very good. The atmosphere is upscale and they offer marinated olives and excellent bread. The food is excellent and the service is good. It would be great if the could expand and offer a larger bar and restaurant because it fills up quickly here and can get loud.

AlfornoCT, Owner at Alforno Ristorante and Brick Oven Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

We are so glad you enjoyed your meal. We are actually expanding the back room with a large bar and small plates. We should have the room and menu ready in the next few months!

Reviewed 21 January 2018

We hadn't been to Alforno in years, but decided to revisit due to a recent mention in Connecticut Magazine as one of the best Italian restaurants. Well, it's very good, though I know a number of Italian restaurants that I feel are even better. The wait staff was wonderful and are very helpful with the menu. They offer both entrees and pizza. We decided to have salads and split a pizza. Our salads were good, but way overdressed for my liking. The pizza was also good, though I've have better at another local place. I do have to say that the prices were very reasonable.

Overall we had a nice time and will be back sooner rather than later.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Came in for dinner with family. The food was excellent and service was good also. The tables are a little too close but were ok. The prices were above normal for Italian food. Worth the trip