All reviews road noise room was clean mile drive a king size bed place to sleep easy access one night stay free wifi motel microwave connecticut clinton tv toiletries cleanliness
Reviewed 2 July 2018

While the owner was cordial and check in was very easy, we did have a rough time staying in this enclosed box of a room with no fresh air. It was 95 degrees so the A/C was running full blown (not very efficiently). There are no windows and we felt the air was very stale. The air conditioner was so old and also stunk like mildew.

I have to say the rest of the room was clean enough. The shower stall looked brand new and was spotless. The water pressure was great. The sink and linens were clean. BUT - the air conditioner needs to be replaced, TODAY. IMMEDIATELY. My colleagues (we were here for another colleague's wedding in Clinton, CT) actually checked in and then out, due to the A/C and bugs in the room (we didn't see any bugs). The room needs new carpeting and windows that open.

When I got home, I washed all of our clothes that had been hanging near the A/C - with detergent, vinegar and baking soda. Some of them STILL had the mildew smell after an extended wash with all three cleansers:( URGH, never again. I feel grossed out by the staleness.

Room Tip: Expensive for an older motel.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I was a little leary that it was so close to the highway and didn't need a credit card to reserve the room. But i was satisified with the cleanliness of the room. The hotel is obviously trying to update what was probably an old motel with better linens and towels. I only needed a one night stay as I was staying at a vrbo the next 3 nights. I would stay here again if needed.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Kathie M
Reviewed 17 June 2018

It's a relatively small inn with the basic conveniences. No frills, clean and quiet. There's a continental breakfast provided to take back to your room...pastries, cereal, eggs (which were not very good..maybe pre made) and fruit.

Room Tip: bring your bottled water. None in the vending machine
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank abjohnwill1
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

This was my second visit at LibertyInn and I stayed for 4 nights. This is a great value for money hotel with everything one needs - Microwave, Comfortable Bed, Free WiFi, TV, Breakfast with decent options and beautiful scenery that one can see right from the bed through a full view window :) Although it is right on the highway, I never felt any noise in the room. Many thanks to the manager who takes care of his guests like a family!
I will look forward to stay again at LibertyInn at Old Saybrook...

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2018

The room was clean and exactly what we needed. We had a room with 2 queen beds and they were really comfy. The front desk staff was helpful in finding a local place to eat. The place is near the highway but with the heat on we didn't hear much noise. The bathroom could use a larger counter space by the mirror/sink.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family