All reviews continental breakfast beautiful pool new carpet cinnamon rolls clean rooms flat screen tv waffles comfortable bed motel super8 highway ct refrigerator fi rates
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Only motel close to activity we were going to. It was very clean and neat. Breakfat was a little disappointing as to selections. I wish the pool was operating. Overall I would try another location if I was traveling in the area of your motels

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank jas18014
umeshOldSaybrook, Owner at Super 8 by Wyndham Old Saybrook, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Reviewed 26 May 2018

We expected to arrive late in the evening and check out early the next morning, so we were looking for a hotel that's convenient to 95, with a clean room, comfortable bed, and decent shower, at a reasonable price. (We didn't feel like spending $150 for a 10-hour stay!) The Super 8 fit the bill: Our room was attractive and clean, with everything in working order. It looked like it was recently painted; the carpet and bathroom fixtures looked new; and the mattress and pillows were very comfortable. Given our late arrival -- we were tired! -- we appreciated the convenience of direct access to our room from the parking lot, vs. needing to carry luggage into a building, down a hall, etc.

There were some rattling noises from the a/c and the sound of footsteps from the room above us. These might have disturbed light sleepers, but we were soon fast asleep!

Sorry to say that breakfast was unimpressive: two kinds of cold cereal, sliced bread, toaster waffles, small packaged sweet rolls, plus coffee and juice. We were disappointed not to find yogurt and fresh fruit, which are available at other Super 8s we stay at. (One even has make-your-own waffles.) But we actually ended up having a great breakfast at the Tea Kettle, a charming little place about a mile away.

Stayed: May 2018

Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Mike, General Manager.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

Nice appearance, but Watch out for the tripping hazard outside of the room.
I tripped moving while moving bags from my vehicle onto the walk, outside of my room. Smacked my head and when I showed the hazard to the guy behind the counter he said sorry.. Saw another guest trip on the hazard as well.

Water dripping from bathroom ceiling.
Guests registered to my room 10:30 at night while I was already there.
No towels in bathroom when I arrived..
I travel for business. Have stayed at lower cost locations with better conditions.
At checkout I asked for some accomodation for the problems I got a 10% credit to my hotel bill. Whoopeee!

Won't be staying there..

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 24 April 2018

Nice, small, clean location. Staff was friendly. Rooms were fine - not the newest furniture, decor - but suitable for a 2 night stay. Bed was comfy, bathroom minimal but clean. Free breakfast was ok - pancake machine, waffles and toast, cereals, fruit, coffee, juices. Not gourmet, but plenty of options. Right off of I-95 and very close (5-10 min drive) to the highlights of downtown Old Saybrook. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side will hear the trains passing by. But DID NOT keep me awake.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience. The staff works very hard and yes, our staff members go that extra mile for sure and I know they will be very happy to see that they were recognized for the hard work they do. They have a passion for superior customer service and I am grateful to have them on board. Please tell your friends and hope to meet you next time you are in the area,

Reviewed 16 April 2018

when in the area......I always stay here......this Super 8 is above many others.....newly renovated.....friendly and helpful staff and the best rates for the area

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends