Galini Hotel(Agia Marina)
US$ 48
US$ 46
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 51/night.

Katerina Hotel(Agia Marina)
US$ 29
US$ 28
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbeach houseprivate beachamazing placeother guestswithin walking distanceaegina townperfect hostsfantastic cocktailsperfect place to relax and unwindspent a week hereboat tripsaronic gulfsmall villageoff seasontomapartmentathens
Reviewed 30 October 2017

This apartment was of a very low standard. The Kitchen was very poorly equipped with no microwave no toaster, a rag bag of crockery, for example one cereal dish, old pots and pans. The kitchen furniture was tired and dirty. The cooker was ancient and unsafe having the electric feed repaired with tape. The cupboard was placed nearly 6 feet high so contents could not be reached safely. There were no cleaning materials, not even a broom. The bathroom was dirty, (including the toilet) and the shower unusable, with no shower curtain and no hook for the shower head. The hall had a wardrobe with a broken door. There was no hover and so the main living room floor had sand on it which got into the bed as we had no means of getting rid of it. There was no TV or easy chairs. The mirror on the dressing table was not fixed and so was dangerous. Nearly half the electric plugs in the apartment were non-standard. The bed clothes were clean but old and grey and were not replaced during our stay. There was no maid service. The apartment did not have the basic essentials such as toilet rolls etc. Beach towels were overcharged as extras. The English owner of these apartments wanted top dollar for everything and so they are extremely poor value for money. This experience was only one notch above camping. After a few days we left and went into a hotel in Aegina and for 10 euros more a day there were all the facilities required, including breakfast. The website is totally misleading to the point of fiction.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
xkaiyax, Owner at The Beachhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thank you for leaving your review on both of my pages including 'The Beachhouse Cocktial Bar' where you left us a 5 star review titled 'Quaint'

May i begin by explaining that our kitchens are to a high standard for self catering holiday level, and not to a professional Michelin kitchen level. There are grills on all ovens where you can toast bread, hence us not providing toasters. You forgot to mention that a toaster was provided to you upon your request on your first day as you felt unable to use the grill inside the oven. I am aware that the oven in your room is due to be replaced this week. If you had mentioned to me during your stay that the oven was upsetting you, it could have been changed immediately. Also, all apartments are supplied with cleaning materials including, dish washing liquid, cloths, brooms and dustpan and brush, as well as unlimited toilet paper. We also have facilities at our main entrance at the beach to clean the sand from your feet and shoes with a big sign to prevent you from trampling sand around the property.
All of our apartments are prepared and cleaned to a high standard, and the pictures that you have supplied clearly show a messy kitchen area after you have used the space and some sort of strap that you have placed around the toilet.
Upon your arrival, you were greeted by myself and offered a free welcome drink of your choice, which, as a gesture of our good will, turned into two free rounds. I find it very unfair that you mention that we want 'top dollar for everything', since we shared with you our generosity as we do with all guests. I do not believe the cost of 5 euros to rent a beach towel is overcharged.
I think the problem here stems from the fact that you were unhappy that all of my double beds were on the 1st floor, reachable by a staircase. Both your partner and your self had recently undergone knee and ankle surgery and obviously found it difficult to navigate the staircase. I offered you a selection of rooms down stairs which, in my opinion, would have been a lot more accessible to you both. Disregarding my recommendation, you both decided on choosing the only apartment with a bath. Every other apartment has a shower with curtain. We are sorry that you found it difficult to get in and out of the bath, hence my original recommendation to offer you any other apartment with a shower and curtain.
We have a fantastic location on the beachfront and have never received a complaint regarding not having TV's. We believe that the majority of our guests do not require a TV while on holiday in such a wonderful location. All guests enjoy swimming in the crystal clear waters, fishing, snorkeling, walking to the many historical local sites, enjoying a boat trip, exploring Aegina town and indulging in the many local Tavernas offering the best of Greek cuisine. I would, however, have been more than happy to supply you with a TV if i had been aware that it was such a necessity.
Thank you for mentioning the problem with the broken door on the wardrobe and the loose mirror. We were unaware of this problem and now that you have brought it to our attention, the problem will be rectified.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

I stayed here for a week in August and was disappointed by the standards of decor and electrics in my apartment. The bedroom was nicely decorated but when you looked closer you could see stains on the walls and the bed sheets were so old they were full of bobbles.

Some of the plug sockets throughout the apartment were hanging out of the wall, which is quite a big safety issue. Especially for those with children.

The cooking area was tiny with a bunch of old random battered utensils and pans. The cupboards for food had a horrible stench of mold.

We had a travel cot supplied that was broken. Initially we did not use it but when we went to I could not get it to stay up and their solution was to push the broken bit up against the wall.

I'm not saying all the apartments were like this, but mine was pretty poor. Also, like a previous review mentions, they imply the beach is secluded and it is not. That isn't a problem for me. What is a problem for me is being misled into thinking that this was an apartment with higher standards and a secluded beach when it most definitely is not.

Whilst there Tom and Will were great, but when I returned home and emailed them asking them to address my concerns I was ignored, which for me is awful customer service. To be honest I felt a bit cheated by the whole experience.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2017

The Beachhouse was exactly what we had thought it was going to be. Tom,Kaiya and Will were great hosts. Nothing was any trouble at all. Tom even took us to the nearest shop to stock up on provisions. The accommodation was great and the location unforgettable. If you want to recharge in a quiet and laid back place this is for you. Vagia is quiet although very well placed for those who want to explore or spend a day or night in Aegina town or one of the smaller towns nearby. We wouldn't hesitate to come back here.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms offer great views over the water to the mainland and Athens.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Davidbell70
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

The Beachhouse has a fabulous location with stunning views. Tom and Kaiya are the perfect hosts and make the best cocktails on the island! The sea front rooms are well equipped and the balcony is the perfect place to take in the wonderful sunsets. The beachhouse is the perfect place to stay if you visit this charming little island.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed 12 September 2017

I was there in early September and from the very next day I decided to come back next year. If you want to relax and be with yourself, this is the place where you have to be. The view is breathtaking and wherever you go in Vagia, you'll have a great experience.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple