“Great attention to detail”

Norwalk Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Norwalk
“Great attention to detail”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

My father and I stayed here for nearly a week recently. This is clearly a property run by people who care, and run a tight ship. I appreciated the thoughtful extras, such as a complimentary newspaper on weekdays, Keurig coffeemakers in the rooms, along with real half-and-half, and daily delivery of bottled water. The staff were efficient and helpful. The room was clean, well-appointed, and comfortable. In short, a very solid, middle-of-the road establishment, but more thoughtfully maintained than many similiar properties. My only regret was the lack of a private guest sitting room, where I could have read my book in peace after my early-to-bed father turned out the lights. Overall, I recommend the Norwalk Inn highly for a reliably solid experience.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Newton, MA
Reviewed 22 April 2012

They are upgrading the building, are preparing to add a third floor, and are repaving and relandscaping the entire site. An adjacent wood frame building is being renovated into 11 long-term stay units. All good, except it definately felt like an in-progress construction site.

The finishes in the lobby are clean, high quality, and completely up to date. Our room was functional, the bathroom was modernized and simple, but the sleeping area showed signs of high use -- there were holes in the bedcover along with scuffs and gouges in the wall beside one of the beds. There is a familiar "old hotel smell" that might be held in the carpets, the cleaning solutions, or somewhere. The hallways strongly had it, though it was only faintly noticeable in the room.

Two free buffet breakfasts came with our room. It is served until 10, but when we arrived at 9:50 the serving table was already half cleared. We had to ask for most everything other than what remained in the main heating trays. The coffee was out, the cereals and bowls already stashed in the storage cabinets, and we even had to chase after an attendant down a long corridor to the kitchen to get a glass of milk. We are not a fussy bunch but our experience around the breakfast was pretty disappointing.

I know this place (It is in my old hometown) and was expecting an OK place at a decent price. This is what we got, as I average out the highs and lows of the offerings.

• Stayed April 2012
Boston
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Clean, comfortable and convenient--only an hour outside of NYC, but nestled in the suburbs, the Norwalk Inn delivered everything we needed.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
NYC
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I intended to stay here for a month while I moved to the area and found an apartment. It was such a good experience that I ended up staying for three months.

Chris / Matt / Lisa / Lindsay / Marissa / Amanda are all amazing, and make such a big effort to help their guests. Chris - the owner - literally drove me to work twice a week.

The hotel is no Frank Lloyd Wright masterpiece, but it is fine. Everything is kept extremely clean. The food is pretty good - above expectations for a midsized hotel.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Norwalk, CT
Reviewed 24 February 2012

My wife and I have stayed occasionally at the Norwalk Inn & Conference Center overnight and had many pleasant experiences. All the staff from the owner, manager, waiter , waitresses right down to the house keeping despartment are pleasant, helpful and expereinced in their jobs. We found the Breakfast Buffet with many varieties of cereal, juice, waffles, scrambled eggs and coffee excellent. The dining room with the Fire Place was romantic and the Prime Rib (which I had) was cooked the way I ordered it. My wife had the seared fresh scallops which she devoured and said they were one of the best she ever tasted. The hotel and rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable. We both agreed that we would come here often as they treated us like family. Sincerely, Howard Adams

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple