“Love, Love, Love this Place!!”

Bistro Mediterranean & Tapas Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Mediterranean & Tapas Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 450 Restaurants in Norwalk
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 29
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 24 March 2017

Had never been to this place, so had a Groupon, which is a great way to try out new places.
My husband and I went for lunch, where there is a great pre-fix, 2 course menu for only $12.50. There are also sandwich and burger options, and the dinner menu is actually available any time of day.
I ordered from the pre-fix menu. My first course consisted of medallions of marinated pork tenderloin over toasted points with tetilla cheese and piquillo peppers. That's a mouthful, and every mouthful was absolutely delicious! There were four portions in this course, and I could have almost made a meal out of these.
I ordered the salmon as my second course. The presentation was quite impressive, and the salmon was cooked as requested. The fish was accompanied by polenta and assorted veggies, cooked just right. It was also a rather large portion for lunch.

My husband ordered off the main, dinner menu. His "tapa" consisted of the Spanish sausage with white beans in a red wine and fig reduction sauce. I could not keep my fork out of his dish!
His second course was the diver sea scallops, served over a crispy fontina cheese risotto disk with a lobster champagne sauce. It was every bit as good as it sounds. Again, a very lovely presentation.

I went here on a Groupon, but will most definitely go back. There are several tapas that sounded too good, that I can't wait to try, and the lunch pre-fix is a real bargain.

Service is very attentive and gracious.

I hope that this place does stay around, because it is so very, very good!!!

Reviewed 20 March 2017

We have been a few times took my husband for his birthday was kind of disappointed...the rack of lamb was mushy and veining..the potatoes were way over salted ..the crieme Catalan had less than 1/10 of an inch in the ramakin ..I had to send it back..the tapas seem to be better prepared...

1  Thank Morganna
Reviewed 30 January 2017

Attended a dinner/wine pairing evening sponsored by the restaurant, wine maker and well known food and wine store located across the street. Featured wines were from Spain and Portugal. Each course out did the prior starting with a Lobster Bisque - creamy but not heavy with ample pieces of lobster followed by a Vegetable Crepe which was also very tasty. Third course was a Chilean Seabass served with a toasted polenta and a fourth course of Quail stuffed with Oyster Mushrooms and sausage - which was one of the highlights of the night. Fifth course was a mouth watering and very tender Filet Mignon finishing up with a Pumpkin Chocolate Mousse.
Service was top notch and all of the food was served hot and fresh. All in all a great dinner and night out.

Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

Friday night busy night so we went a little earlier..my husband loves duck crispy duck...which they had as a special with a raspberry sauce and sauté spinach he lived it...I had the butternut squash soup very plentiful sweet and thick...my main dish was the sea bass cooked perfectly on a bed of roasted potato and beet chips ....
Great place for red wine ...

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

First time there. Hardly anyone in the place so service was terrific.
They have a fixed price lunch. We had a very tasty seafood bisque. Enough seafood in it for lunch. Chicken Marsala was good. Chicken Milanese was better. Nice meal.