All reviews pool table starbucks coffee train tracks rooftop lounge mediterraneo restaurant ping pong small waterfall large shower rooms are beautiful complimentary breakfast modern decor exceeded my expectations on site restaurant rehearsal dinner wedding weekend key card fairfield county
Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel on 3 different occasions and I am never disappointed. The front staff is always welcoming and polite. The rooms are clean and and beds are comfortable. I would recommend a rewards program something similar to Hilton Honors.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
CharlesJBrady, Front Office Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2016

Dear jfinney722,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am so happy to hear that you’ve stayed with us multiple times and consistently find our hotel to be clean and comfortable. I also truly appreciate your mention of our warm and polite front desk staff; such feedback means the world to us. As an independent hotel, we are always looking for ways to improve the guest experience and are empowered to make changes to ensure the most positive experience possible. I will be sure to share your recommendation of a rewards program with my management team and ownership to see what we can do. Until next time, safe travels!

All the best,

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Where can I even begin... Alyssa and her crew were absolutely amazing from start to finish. We had my college graduation party on the rooftop and we've thrown our fair share of parties but let me tell you that this one comes in at the top of the list of successes.

The food: I unfortunately did not get to meet the master behind the food we ate but everything I tried was unbelievable. From the fava bean crostini to beautiful crab cakes on perfectly crispy toast rounds, immaculately seared lamb chops and delicious flat bread pizza's... as a recent culinary grad I was nothing but impressed.

The service: Roberto is a character that you want to have at your party. Everyone absolutely loved him and everyone else involved

The setting: What a serene location on an otherwise busy street in Norwalk Connecticut! Everyone felt as though they were in Maui or Miami Beach. Nothing but perfection.

Note: We were lucky with a beautiful day for an outdoor party but it can get HOT up there! Just be sure to keep that in mind.

All of that being said- we were nothing short of amazed at how beautiful the entire event turned out to be. Thanks Alyssa!

Hali Foreman

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Hali12312,

Thank you so much for your rave review! We are thrilled to hear that your event at SkyTop353 was a complete success. Alyssa truly enjoyed working with you and is so happy to know you thoroughly enjoyed the food, the service and the setting. Your reference to SkyTop353 as “nothing but perfection” is music to our ears and reaffirms our team’s commitment to continue providing exceptional service in our one-of-a-kind, beautiful hotel. We will share this review with our partners at Z Hospitality – we are delighted to work together to put on events that amaze. Again, thank you for your review; I hope we get the opportunity to host you again in the near future!

Warmly,

Reviewed 22 May 2016

My husband and I were warmly greeted by night manager Charles, an enthusiastic man whose purpose was clearly to make sure we enjoyed out stay there. The hotel is brand new and beautifully interior designed. Our room was new and offered a Keurig coffeemaker (wonderful). The air system was controlled by a device on the wall that we couldn't figure out, and Charles came up himself to work it for us. Even then, we couldn't figure it out, though - so our recommendation is that they customer-test a good set of directions and place it next to the device on the wall. The only true problem with the room design is a design in the wall between the sleeping portion and the bathroom that allows a lot of light to shine through when the bathroom light is on - this is not great for someone bothered by light when they're trying to sleep.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
CharlesJBrady, Front Office Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Dear MeredithRutter,

Thank you for your positive feedback! I was thrilled to meet you at check-in and I am so glad to hear that you liked our beautiful, brand-new interior. We are excited to offer our guests in-room refrigerators, safes, coffee-makers and modern climate controls. For first time guests, the thermostat setting options may seem complex so I was happy to come up to your room and adjust the temperature to your liking. Since it was late, I am happy I was able to get this done quickly and without disturbance. As an independent hotel, guest feedback is invaluable to us; I will surely be sharing your constructive comments and the suggestion for a little “thermostat guide” with my managers and ownership. Again, thank you for taking the time to post this review. I hope to see you again on your next trip through Norwalk!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 9 May 2016

We chose the Hotel Zero Degrees to set up a wedding block for our April 2016 wedding. Right away, Reina was available to meet in-person to answer our (many) questions and remained easily accessible and very well organized as we continued the planning process. The room rates were extremely reasonable (which pleased our guests!) and the rooms themselves are modern and comfortable - even chic! Our guests were also able to take advantage of the hotel's shuttles for all of the weekend's activities in the surrounding areas and they helped us with overflow to/from the wedding at the Inn at Longshore.

We also held a post-wedding "Late Night" and our "Farewell Breakfast" at the Mediterraneo Restaurant inside the hotel and were very pleased with the end results on both occasions. The food was delicious and our guests enjoyed very attentive service. Plus the view of the waterfall is quite beautiful during the daytime!

Overall, Hotel Zero Degrees was wonderful choice for us and our guests - convenient location, great value and a helpful/attentive Front Desk.

Thanks for helping to make our wedding weekend such a great experience!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
CharlesJBrady, Front Office Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2016

Dear Marisa S.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review and congratulations on your recent nuptials! We are thrilled to hear that every aspect of your stay met expectations and that you had a great experience. Reina really enjoyed working with you and is so happy to hear that you found our staff to be well organized, helpful and attentive. We strive to provide an experience that is second to none so it means a lot to us to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, the delicious food from Mediterraneo and our comfortable, chic rooms. I will make sure to share this review with my entire team – such positive feedback fuels us in continuing to provide superior service like only Hotel Zero Degrees can. Again, thank you for your kind words; we hope to see you on your next stop through Norwalk!

Best wishes to the Bride & Groom,

Reviewed 25 April 2016

The shower drain was clogged; by mid-shower I was standing in dirty, soapy water up to my ankles. Towels were thin and rough. Bathrobes were slightly tattered. Decor was a kind of mimimalist-modern. Bed had cheap matresses so I was getting hot spots on my hips throughout the night. There was a 3 x 5 ft glass panel on the wall separating the main room and bathroom that was papered over possibly in consideration of the modesty of some. You have to wonder, What was the original intent there? The furniture including desk, dresser-drawer, a padded bench, and shelves were all built-in, the latter purely for design but functionally pointless. My only seating option for dinner was to use the only chair in the room to face the wall and watch the TV at an angle. The hotel shares its space with the restaurant Mediterraneo, which is, however, separately owned. On a busy weekend evening, restaurant customers use the shared parking lot. I was lucky to get a spot but it seems possible that others who are staying at the hotel, who may not have any intention of eating at the restaurant, may have difficulty finding a parking space.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
CharlesJBrady, Front Office Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

Dear Knuckle-draggeur,

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our entire team for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. The plumbing/structural issue you encountered no doubt put a damper on your stay and I am so sorry for the inconvenience this caused. I know our engineer was able to fix this issue but I apologize for it not being resolved quicker. As an independent hotel, we take each of our guest’s comments/complaints to heart and relay their thoughts/ideas to ownership in hopes of making improvements wherever we can. We are empowered by all levels of management to provide our guests with all they need to ensure a clean, comfortable and enjoyable stay. I am so sorry we missed the mark this time. I will be sharing your feedback with my manager and ownership of both the hotel & restaurant to see where we can work together to provide superior accommodations. Our modern design is not for everyone, but we continue to add new design features in hopes of providing up-to-date amenities with hospitality that’s second to none. Again, I am so very sorry for falling short of providing you with an exceptional stay. I thank you so much for conveying your honest thoughts and I hope you will give us another chance to make it up to you in the future.

All the best,