“New!”

The Dilly Duck Shop
Ranked #99 of 448 Restaurants in Norwalk
Description: The Dilly Duck Shop is a New England eatery serving exceptional sandwiches, rotisserie, soups, salads, house-made sodas, and delicious baked goods. Every thing is made in-house from scratch! We also have fantastic wines and craft beers! Eat-in, take-out, order on-line, or call for pick-up today!
Reviewed 10 November 2017

5 Star-- a must go! This week I lunched with a friend who, like me, enjoys finding new places to meet and dine. The Dilly Duck Shop is a winner. What a lovely surprise awaited us in this newly- opened and completely renovated restaurant. Attention to detail was evident before
I opened the door--note handle on outside door with a duck's profile at top of bar. Inside we enjoyed a welcoming environment and the duck theme reflected throughout including duck prints on the floor. Excellent waitstaff allowed us opportunity to review the extensive luncheon menu and highlighted special of the day.

On this particular day the special was "Poppi Pia" a delicious sandwich made with the lightest meatballs and delicious seasoned with a fennel tomato sauce and provolone cheese and freshly baked rolls. Happy to say I selected this item. I enjoyed a side of North Carolina cole slaw expertly made with the lightest of dressings. The lemon fizz was my beverage of choice. So tasty.

This restaurant earns kudos for both a very pleasing ambiance and delicious food. We were delighted to speak with the chef, and to no one's surprise, learned he is a CIA graduate. Applause to him and to his staff for bringing this unexpected culinary delight to Norwalk. Can't wait to return for breakfast!

1  Thank summertime24
Russ Z, Owner at The Dilly Duck Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Hi Summertime,
We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience at The Dilly Duck Shop! Thank you for your excellent review. We use the highest quality ingredients in our chef created food , beverages and baked goods, and we make them all from scratch right here.We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

The Dilly Duck Shop recently opened up at the Wilton Town Line Center. The ambiance is inviting, featuring blond wood paneled walls and furnishings. (In line with the restaurant name the wood floor includes a trail of embedded duck foot prints leading from the cash register to the door.) The food menu features a series of creative breakfast and lunch/dinner sandwiches, a couple of soups, and three rotisserie offerings with sides. The breakfast sandwiches are served from opening till 10:30 am. Everything else is offered from 10:30 am till closing.

The beverage menu is extensive… wide range of tea, coffee, espresso offerings, as well as iced drinks and house-made fizzes… plus a choice of twelve craft beers and ten wines by the glass or bottle (red, white, rose, sparkling… see posted wine menu photo)

I dropped in for breakfast shortly after the restaurant opened. The “Rotisserie Roasted Pork and Fennel Sandwich” (including a slice of mozzarella and honey) was intriguing… $5.95 + $1 for an optional added egg. It was really, really good. And so also was my cup of excellent dark roast coffee.

My breakfast experience was good enough to bring me back just a few days later for a lunch sandwich. This time I chose the “Rotisserie Roasted Beef Sandwich” which came with caramelized onions and cheddar cheese in a 12-inch sesame wedgie. Again, absolutely delicious.

On both occasions service was friendly and attentive. I asked about the excellent coffee and the owner/manager told me that my dark roast was “Black Velvet” from Saccuzzo Coffee located in Newington CT… but that could change in the future because she constantly searches for new local/nearby roasters to feature.

Additional notes:
- Impeccably clean washrooms
- For those that care… no customer WiFi; but the non-encrypted WiFi from next-door Michele’s Pies is strong and available
- Website gives excellent menu description

Bottom line… Not a “special occasions” destination, but Very Good for upscale sandwich light dining with an option for accompanying beer or wine.

Russ Z, Owner at The Dilly Duck Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Hi SRQ Wanderer,
Thank you for your excellent review! We're glad that you're a fan and we look forward to serving you again soon!