All reviews presidential suite foxwoods casino jacuzzi tub free appetizer room service starbucks kiosk shower stall shuttle service venetian room per night a king size bed flat screen tv every half hour visiting foxwoods would highly recommend this hotel great alternative the hotel offers
Reviewed 3 January 2018

The Bellissimo Grande was booked very last minute on New Year's Eve in order to join friends at Foxwood's Casino. They had one cancellation I was told when I called and considering all other hotels were sold out I had to go with it. This was my first time there and would not be my first choice when I return to the area next. There were pros and cons as with any hotel, though I found more cons than not.

PROS:
-Super close to Foxwoods; maybe a 5 minute ride via their complementary shuttle. The shuttle also had 2 nice drivers that evening (shout out to Abraham and the younger basketball guy...didn't catch his name).
-Small "restaurant" to grab some food, but this will also be part of my cons.
-Bed wasn't bad and the pillows were super comfortable.
-Front desk staff seemed nice enough, though I was not overly impressed or anything.
-Room service is offered until 1:00 a.m. and the food ordered wasn't bad....but there are cons to this as well.
*So I would say that highlight of the pros would have to be the shuttle service and close proximity to the casino.

CONS:
-Appeared outdated, especially in the actual room. Could just be the theme (maybe old Grecian style). The lobby wasn't terrible and the restaurant seemed newer.
-The lighting in the room (standard king) was awful! Two regular sized bedside lamps and a desk lamp that had more of a soft warm glow that any real good light given. The light in the entry way right inside the door is actually a bathroom vented fan. So if you turn it on the fan turns on and it's loud; without the light on the room is even darker. On a similar note, the bathroom itself does not have an fan to vent it...so maybe leave the door open and the hall fan on when you need to vent the bathroom??
-I suppose the lack of light is because the only curtains on the window that actually close are the sheer ones. The thicker privacy and darkening ones are for show because the track does not span the entire length of the large window but rather just the edges. So I would not suggest changing, or doing other things, in front of the window when the lights are on. The room also abutted the large rear parking lot so there was a lot of people outside the window at any given time.
-The hotel seems to be strict on noise policy, in writing, but that could be because the walls are wicked thin. I will cut some slack as it was New Year's Eve but a large group of guys ran down the halls screaming as loud as they could at 5:45 A.M. Later that morning there was what sounded like an older man/woman having a normal conversation as they walked past the door but they could easily be heard as well.
-The restaurant has a very limited menu and the waiter/bartender (Gustavo) told us the menus weren't updated. You have to wait until 5:00 p.m. for dinner but I ordered a burger at 4:45 p.m. and said I would wait since the lunch menu was lacking choices. He said it was available at lunch and he could put the order in rather than waiting. There were 3 servers working in the very tiny dining area and no more than 5 tables, including us, at any given time. It was only 2 of us at our table and mostly just other parties of 2 with the exception of a party of 4. Gustavo never checked back on how our food was after it was brought and once he brought the check by he never returned to pick it up. I had to bring it up to the bar, which was 3 feet from our table, because he would not look over to see we had a credit card. When I handed it to him he said "sorry, it's crazy here". I worked in the service industry for years and 5 tables, 4 people at the bar, and 3 servers is FAR from "crazy". It was just poor service and the staff seemed inexperienced and flustered. We did receive a coupon for a free appetizer (choice of cheese/crackers or shrimp cocktail) with the purchase of an alcoholic beverage. Good thing because the shrimp cocktail included 4 pieces of shrimp on a giant plate and would have been $12 if there was not a coupon. The bar does not have silver tequila when requested and they were "out" of gold (which I didn't want anyway); so choices of liquor are limited.
-Upon check in we were told room service is until 1:00 a.m. We tried calling down at 12:40 a.m. or so but the phone in our room had not dial tone. We walked down to the front desk to be told the phone system was down and that room service orders stopped at 12:45 a.m. I told them we were told it was 1:00 a.m. and they did offer to make a couple personal pizzas and bring them up. So that was a plus, but the woman who delivered them didn't know how to close out the check. We paid cash but she had us sign because she "didn't know" how it worked. The next morning when checking out the same charge for room service was put on my credit card. We waited while they looked through the entire stack of food receipts from the night before but found none for our room. They did end up crediting my card but not after waiting while they sorted through everything.
-While packing up the room the television said to visit the Starbucks kiosk in the lobby. I thought it convenient as I had a gift card but when actually going to the kiosk and inquiring they said it was not actually Starbucks...though the menu and prices made me believe it would be. I did not feel like paying a possible $5.00 for a coffee that might be the same as the free hotel coffee offered ten steps away. And the "Starbucks" server was in a sweatshirt.
*Too many cons for this one quick stay.

I travel often for work and can get by with little "luxury" accommodations, but there are standard room amenities that would be nice to have...like curtains that close and lights.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 December 2017

We stayed for two nights. The staff, room, and environment were all very nice. We had the jacuzzi in our room and it also was great. The highlight for me was the bed! The shuttle to the casino is literally less than 10 minutes. I would highly recommend this place if you don't want to stay at Foxwoods.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here after a concert at Mohegan Sun because it was close to Foxwoods where we planned on spending the next day. Due to it being a holiday weekend and everything being very expensive or sold out we found this location with low prices but good reviews. Staying here turned out to be a huge error. The elevator smelled as though something was decomposing somewhere and they tried to hide the odor with cleaning products, we then got to our room and things got bad. There was long pieces of hair all over the sheets in the bed. They moved us to another room and the same was found, except it was short curly hair in the middle of the bed. Neither of the rooms had sheets that appeared freshly laundered. They then offered to upgrade us to a room with a jacuzzi. If it wasn't for the fact it was midnight and we were very tired we would have looked for a room elsewhere. We also had no interest in a room with a jacuzzi as I had just had surgery which we conveyed to the staff.

The staff tried to blame the washer and dryer for the sheets but then the next morning we were told they've been having problems with the housekeeper that cleans that area. Their solution to the disgusting experience we had was to offer us a discount on a future stay. Needless to say we will not be returning to this location.

If you're concerned about your health and cleanliness I'd stay elsewhere.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2017

I booked a spa appointment and a room for the night and dined across the street at Buon Apetito. This made for a great trip.
The Venetian room had a hot tub that really finished me off for the night. The bed was a pillow-top although they do have some temperpedic mattresses.

Pretty quiet but we were on the 1st floor. If you want it quiet, try the third floor. The elevator will get you there. Plenty of parking. Coffee in the lobby, The bar/café is blessed with a small kitchen that can put out some nice food either to have delivered to the room or served at a table in the café.
Nicely decorated in the Italian style.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is quietist. the Presidential Suites are a treat.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donoat
Reviewed 21 November 2017

great hotel just a short (5 minute) drive from Foxwoods. Had concert tickets on a Friday and Foxwoods want $400 for a night. I chose the Belissimo because the reviews were good and location seemed good. Both were correct. Clean room, really friendly staff. Shuttle to and from casino every half hour starting at 4pm and running till 1am. I didn't use it but it seemed fair enough. This seems to be an older hotel that recently had a lot of updates. new wallpaper, new carpets and flooring and very comfortable beds. I wouldn't hesitate to book again. Next time I would try the bistro downstairs or room service

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple