All reviews private cinema wine cellar art deco boutique hotel cinema room one night the main hotel own garden business suite presidential suite attention to detail shamwari game reserve wonderful hotel stayed longer stayed here for nights across the road a great stay
Reviewed 28 October 2018

We stayed for 2 nights before heading out to stay on a game reserve and then another night on our way back. The hotel feels very safe and is an easy stroll to the beach and shopping mall. We found the staff very friendly and extremely helpful. Super art work around the place and nice areas to relax and eat in. The suites are large and comfortable but maybe a little tired in places if you look hard. The food was excellent at both breakfast and dinner. One star taken off as the menu didn’t change at all during our 3 nights there meaning the choice was abit limited. That said,I would definitely return if I was in the area again.

Reviewed 17 October 2018

My husband and I enjoyed an overnight stay at No5 by Mantis in October. What a treasure trove of art deco furniture and original, mainly modern art works. We could not fault the facilities or service.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 12 October 2018

The is super lovely. Beautiful and big rooms, deco is done with attention to detail.
We enjoyed their breakfast. I firstly visited with my husband and I booked my parents to celebrate their 30 anniversary and they enjoyed the Spa.

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Positives first: a beautiful suite and genuinely helpful staff.

Why never again:

a) Horrid internet, the slowest I experienced in South Africa. On top of that – hidden security features which block access to some essential business websites. If you work on the road, as I do, this is clearly a no-go hotel.

b) Not very clean. At breakfast my forearms stuck to a poorly cleaned table. The ketchup bottle was so sticky that I handled it with a napkin. Hairs on sauna wall. Speaking of that sauna – one sweats in a sauna, then takes a shower outside, but here the shower was inside of the sauna room. I walked in & out.

c) Mindless management. I was coming in on a late flight and knew I’d need a bottle of distilled water for my equipment. Emailed the hotel a week in advance – no reply. Asked my agent to contact them – he did and they promised to take care of it. But they started looking for it only after I checked in, and all shops were already closed. No thanks!

Reviewed 28 September 2018

Excellent location & hotel with all the amenities & comforts expected fir a 5 star hotel. The staff are well trained and very attentive making you feel welcome in a warm homely environment. I would recommend this hotel with full confidence to travelers both national and international.

Date of stay: September 2018