All reviews mohegan sun and foxwoods outdoor pool a great place to stay room was clean easy access pets comfort microwave
Reviewed 24 July 2018

the hotel was ok and the staff was nice enough but the place was run down, odd smell . Didn't get a lot of sleep because when we arrived there were a few shady characters in the parking lot so we were worried about our car all night.

Room tip: go elsewhere
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
syed n, General Manager at Niantic Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

I am sorry to hear that but if you had called the front desk to compliant about it we could take care of it right away. It is very protected property. Cameras are every where inside and out side also. Nobody ever lost their car in last none years.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

They had no towels or wash cloths, the people that lived there were a bit scary. The room was dirty and smelly. We slept on top of the blanket with our clothes on, But I guess you get what you pay for huh ‍♀️

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
syed n, General Manager at Niantic Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

That is not true. we gave you towels when you asked for it. Room was clean and not smell bad at all. It is right on the top of the pool. Nobody ever complained like you did. I guess you need 7 star hotel with the price of 3 star hotel.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

The desk staff were really friendly and got us into our room quickly. The room was clean and nicely decorated. It was very quiet and we had a restful night. Although we didn't get to go in it because of the weather, the outdoor pool looked really clean.

Room tip: Upper floor rear was really quiet
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
syed n, Owner at Niantic Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you very much for your great reviews. we work hard to please our customers.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

This was our second several day stay in a year here. I requested a very clean room and this is what we received...and with all normal amenities such as a good condition refrigerator and microwave...and very strong signal wi-fi. The rooms are very spacious and full of light,(when shades are opened), with sliding door access besides the hall access on the ground floor, which was great for our dog. Locks are very secure, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The furniture and building are dated and was of very good quality probably in the 70's. So things are somewhat worn in spots but this really does not impact the comfort of the stay.They accepted our large dog which other area motels would not, and there was plenty of green area outside to walk him. There may be some variation in room quality, (as I have read some non-flattering reviews), but our experiences have been fine. Be sure to reserve ahead and ask for a very clean room! I am unsure about what type of people may stay here...it is advertised as not far from the casino... but they were quiet and no one bothered us. I also saw some families with children . It is very conveniently located and we do plan to spend at least a week here next summer, as we are from the area and need a base when we visit.The value is very good for what you pay.

Room tip: Ask for a very clean room near to the lobby.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Holly O
syed n, Owner at Niantic Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Thank you very much for your fantastic review. You are one of those who take time to write the truth, mostly people write bad reviews for any reason which don't even exist. You explained everything very clearly about your stay. I am very pleased to see your review and forced to think that there are still some people in this world to tell the truth. I appreciate for your comments again and hope to see you soon. I always tried to do my best to keep my customer happy.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

the room was just nasty after you get looking around it.There was mold all around
I did't sit my bag on the carpert because it was so nasty an was afiend that my bag would catch some thing.
the bath room was nasty an didn't take a shower because it look so bad, did not brush my teeth because I didn't trust the water
the placed smelled like animal PEE
the bed was all was very lumpy like the mattress needed replaced long time go
I threw the pillows on a chair because they was wore out an smelled like dog
when I took my shoes off I left my socks till I got in bed,then the next morning I threw them away(didn't want them in my bag)
in the other rooms there was people living in them an had animals living with them
saw 3 police cars come around the parking lot.
over all I would give the place a minus 8
would not tell people that its a good place to stay even over nite or a few hrs
I think that trip adviser should go visit the places that they put on the site
the price was $79.00 but when they got done over it was $93.00
in all the place should be SHUT DOWN or taken off TRIP ADVISER ads

Room tip: do not stay
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
syed n, General Manager at Niantic Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

We are sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience. We take your feedback seriously and hope you'll give us another chance.