Motel 6 New London - Niantic
Priceline
Niantic Inn(Niantic)(Great Value!)
US$ 194
Priceline
Rodeway Inn Waterford(Waterford)(Great Value!)
US$ 60
RodewayInn
Oakdell Motel(Waterford)(Great Value!)
US$ 95
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssmall deskburger king next doorwake up callplenty of hot waterfishing triprooms are nicestayed one nightfirst floormohegan suncttoiletriesrodstoragelotionlaundrypetssink
Reviewed 15 November 2011

My family and I have stayed at the Motel 6 in Niantic several times and I'm sure we'll go back again. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and the employees are always very accomodating. The motel is very close to Mystic and one may spend a day in Mystic Village or at the Seaport or in town quite easily. Gillette Castle is also nearby as is the historic site of Fort Griswold where Benedict Arnold lead British troops against his former comrades in 1781. There is a Stop & Shop just across the road and a restaurant and a Burger King next door all within walking distance. The motel allows dogs, which is how we found the place since we travel with our dog, but the rooms remain clean and neat. Located at the top of a hill, sunsets are particularly beautiful in October and November. Coffee is provided in the morning and there is an ice machine near the office downstairs. I did not see any handicapped accessible devices for access to the second floor. The pool is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day and, aside from the pool, I am not aware of any children's activities provided there. Certainly not a Five Star Hotel but a very pleasant place to stay, for a good price, in an excellent location.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front of the building, whether first floor or second, command the best views of the hill and the sunsets. The back rooms only show you trees and a parking lot.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Pryst
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I was going to Mohegan Sun to see a concert and did not want to spend a great deal of money for one night. We orginally booked a room at a different hotel near by and 4 days before the trip I found out the hotel was over booked and we did not have a place to stay. I found a room at the Motel 6 for a great deal, and decided to take my chances. I was glad I decided to stay here. It was perfect for what I needed, a place to catch some sleep before I headed back on the road the next morning. The hotel is easy to find and right off I-95, but you did not hear any road noise. It took less than 15 minutes to get to Mohegan Sun. The room was very clean and the front desk attendent Chris very nice and helpful. Its your basic Hotel 6, no frills, no bells and whistles, but a clean room, nice staff and free coffee in the morning!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2011

My husband and I decided to stay here on 10/5/2011. When we got here the gentleman at the Front Desk named Fred was very nice and gave us room 130 on the back end of the property. First off they are doing construction right in that area and it is overnight construction so sleeping is pretty hard with all the noise. Second we got up the next morning to find cockroaches on the wall in our room! My husband went and complained and told them we wanted our money back. Fred was apologetic but said it had to go through upper channels to get money back. So we checked out and came home. My husband decided to call the corporate office to let them know about this problem as well. They told him they would look into it and let us know what they wanted to do about our money. Well we got a letter today that says sorry for the inconvenience but you won't get your money back. "But we hope that you will stay with us again". Like that will ever happen! I'm telling you don't stay there! I still get all freaked out when I think about it!

Room Tip: Don't choose any room!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Tammy U
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I've stayed here a few times in the past. The motel is very close to I-95 and I-395. You can get to Mohegan Sun casino in a few minutes. Although the room was small, the bed was comfortable and I slept very well. The tv was of reasonable size in proportion to the room. There was a small desk. The bathroom was very clean and there was a separate sink on the outside of the shower/toilet area. The rug was clean and comfortable. I was happy that it was very quiet. The staff at the front lobby was helpful and especially cheerful in the morning. The housekeeping staff was also pleasant. You are close to the shore, RI beaches, the casinos, etc.. I would recommend this motel especially for its value compared to other places in that area.

Room Tip: The back section of the hotel is always pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Hotel is on the highway but the noise didn't bother us. Room was clean, but no amenities. Staff was nice. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple