“Best coffee in town”
Review of Cafe Xpresso

Cafe Xpresso
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Newtown
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 12
Description: Great Service and Seriously Good Coffee & Eats. Are you hungry or thirsty? Looking for a place to treat yourself and reduce stress? Then Cafe Xpresso should fit the bill. We are a Coffee House, bakery and cafe, located at 150 South Main Street, Newtown, CT about 2.4 Miles South of the Flag Pole. Our daily breakfasts include a selection of fresh bagels, scones, muffins, granola bars, eggs, frittata, pastries, and whatever else our Kitchen may dream up. We take great pride in our in-house creations and understand the importance of creating extraordinary food items that will truly compliment your coffee experience. Our sweet and savory pastries are rooted in the tradition and simplicity of artisan baking practices that are beautiful to behold even better to taste. Our menu is always fresh and creative, and typically includes gluten sensitive and vegan delights, when available. We have great lunch options too . . . Our breads and salad dressings are made from scratch. We slow roast our own meats, and slow cook our soups and sauces. We serve delicious brewed coffee and espresso drinks. Prefer tea? We offer Mighty Leaf Teas , which are delicious both hot or iced. We are always happy to modify any of our selections to suit you. If we have the ingredients, and you can think it up, we are happy to make it! We also share a passion for excellent coffee and a deep rooted respect for its culture and history. The pursuit of a memorable coffee experience can only be achieved by adhering to time honored practices and a respect for all those who labor long hours to produce it.03 That experience begins with sourcing the right coffee and developing lasting partnerships with those who cultivate them. It continues with hours of roasting and cupping in pursuit of just the right roasting profile that highlights the entire unique flavor attributes of each particular coffee. So whether you're after an awesome cup of brewed coffee, an Italian-style cappuccino or something whipped in the blender, Cafe Xpresso is the ultimate for your coffee fix.
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Favorite coffee place on Route 25 - easy in and out! I try to avoid the baked goods - but they are so fresh and delicious - I must. Food is love when you get the classic black and white cookie.

Bob S, Owner at Cafe Xpresso, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Hi Helen,

Thank you so much for leaving a review for us and for appreciating the freshest coffee around! We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Just stopped a few times for coffee and a snack, which really was quite good but a bit expensive and the staff seemed more interested intalking to each other than serving folks that were waiting

Bob S, Owner at Cafe Xpresso, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Hi Brian,

I want to thank you for coming by Cafe Xpresso and taking the time to leave a review but I am horrified that our staff wasn't their usual friendly and helpful selves; great service for our guests is our number 1 priority. If you wouldn't mind, I'd like you to email me at info@CafeXpressoNewtown.com to let me know the day and approximate time you were in so I can look into the lapse of service you experienced.
Also, please know that we work very hard to try to keep our prices as low as possible but transportation and food costs have been climbing steadily over the last year and we use the freshest, highest quality ingredients possible, like farm fresh eggs, artisan breads, meats with no chemicals added, etc. so that does cause our prices to be a bit higher than the average deli.

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

The baked treats are amaing! Highly recommend the macaroons! The seating area is a little small but very cozy.

Bob S, Owner at Cafe Xpresso, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2016

Hi Jen,

Thanks for visiting & taking the time to leave a review. We love hearing from our guests!

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Love this place!! I come here once or twice a week for breakfast and to grab chocolate croissants when I visit my boyfriend since he's obsessed with them . I love their Waldorf chicken salad, it has crisp green apples and cranberries, oh and this really delicious dressing that I would like for my house! Their gluten free granola bars are very filling and tasty, I like the raisin ones but they offer ones with chocolate too. My 'but' is that the last two times I've ordered the maple bacon egg and cheese to go (eat on my way to work) on gluten free bread, it hasn't had the maple which is so disappointing when I'm halfway to work. Doesn't seem like much but that maple is what makes the sandwich and is the part o look forward to most! Especially on the gluten free bread it needs that flavor, but I should add that they have some of the best gluten free bread. From now on when picking up my orders I will clearly ask that it has the maple ;) try this place out!

Bob S, Owner at Cafe Xpresso, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

Hi There,

I am so sorry to hear about your issues with our Maple, Bacon & Egg sandwich on GF bread. I will talk to our kitchen staff & remedy the situation. You're right, that the sandwich just isn't the same without enough Maple. I hope you'll give us another chance.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

I recently had the chicken salad sandwich special and it was fantastic. Delicious artisan bread with raisins, wish it was on the regular menu. Always offering a special sandwich of the day along with a large menu of creative sandwiches. This is not your ordinary deli experience at all- all meats are fresh roasted not the thin deli-style slices you get elsewhere. Nice selection of unique baked goods as well. Prices are a little high - but you are paying for the quality ingredients and it's worth it. Inside and outside tables available.

Bob S, Owner at Cafe Xpresso, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2016

Hi Anne,

Thank you so much for your kind words & taking the time to leave a review about us. Hearing from our guests is very important to me and very encouraging for our great Kitchen Staff. We'll keep the weekly Specials going & hope to see you soon!

-Chef Bob

Been to Cafe Xpresso? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK