“SCRUMPTIOUS- but..”
Review of Cafe Xpresso

Cafe Xpresso
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Newtown
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 12
Description: Great Service and Seriously Good Coffee & Eats. Are you hungry or thirsty? Looking for a place to treat yourself and reduce stress? Then Cafe Xpresso should fit the bill. We are a Coffee House, bakery and cafe, located at 150 South Main Street, Newtown, CT about 2.4 Miles South of the Flag Pole. Our daily breakfasts include a selection of fresh bagels, scones, muffins, granola bars, eggs, frittata, pastries, and whatever else our Kitchen may dream up. We take great pride in our in-house creations and understand the importance of creating extraordinary food items that will truly compliment your coffee experience. Our sweet and savory pastries are rooted in the tradition and simplicity of artisan baking practices that are beautiful to behold even better to taste. Our menu is always fresh and creative, and typically includes gluten sensitive and vegan delights, when available. We have great lunch options too . . . Our breads and salad dressings are made from scratch. We slow roast our own meats, and slow cook our soups and sauces. We serve delicious brewed coffee and espresso drinks. Prefer tea? We offer Mighty Leaf Teas , which are delicious both hot or iced. We are always happy to modify any of our selections to suit you. If we have the ingredients, and you can think it up, we are happy to make it! We also share a passion for excellent coffee and a deep rooted respect for its culture and history. The pursuit of a memorable coffee experience can only be achieved by adhering to time honored practices and a respect for all those who labor long hours to produce it.03 That experience begins with sourcing the right coffee and developing lasting partnerships with those who cultivate them. It continues with hours of roasting and cupping in pursuit of just the right roasting profile that highlights the entire unique flavor attributes of each particular coffee. So whether you're after an awesome cup of brewed coffee, an Italian-style cappuccino or something whipped in the blender, Cafe Xpresso is the ultimate for your coffee fix.
Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Love this place!! I come here once or twice a week for breakfast and to grab chocolate croissants when I visit my boyfriend since he's obsessed with them . I love their Waldorf chicken salad, it has crisp green apples and cranberries, oh and this really delicious dressing that I would like for my house! Their gluten free granola bars are very filling and tasty, I like the raisin ones but they offer ones with chocolate too. My 'but' is that the last two times I've ordered the maple bacon egg and cheese to go (eat on my way to work) on gluten free bread, it hasn't had the maple which is so disappointing when I'm halfway to work. Doesn't seem like much but that maple is what makes the sandwich and is the part o look forward to most! Especially on the gluten free bread it needs that flavor, but I should add that they have some of the best gluten free bread. From now on when picking up my orders I will clearly ask that it has the maple ;) try this place out!

Bob S, Owner at Cafe Xpresso, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

Hi There,

I am so sorry to hear about your issues with our Maple, Bacon & Egg sandwich on GF bread. I will talk to our kitchen staff & remedy the situation. You're right, that the sandwich just isn't the same without enough Maple. I hope you'll give us another chance.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

I recently had the chicken salad sandwich special and it was fantastic. Delicious artisan bread with raisins, wish it was on the regular menu. Always offering a special sandwich of the day along with a large menu of creative sandwiches. This is not your ordinary deli experience at all- all meats are fresh roasted not the thin deli-style slices you get elsewhere. Nice selection of unique baked goods as well. Prices are a little high - but you are paying for the quality ingredients and it's worth it. Inside and outside tables available.

Bob S, Owner at Cafe Xpresso, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2016

Hi Anne,

Thank you so much for your kind words & taking the time to leave a review about us. Hearing from our guests is very important to me and very encouraging for our great Kitchen Staff. We'll keep the weekly Specials going & hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Just add my thanks that we finally have a local place that has outstanding soups, sandwiches, wraps, and drinks. Everything is fresh. I haven't tried their dessert offerings yet but everyone who has says they are great too. The staff is courteous and the service is speedy. Hope this is around for a long time. This is being a go to place for so many locals.

1  Thank JeanneFromCt
Bob S, Owner at Cafe Xpresso, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Hi Jeanne,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, we really appreciate hearing your comments. I'll be sure to pass on compliments to our hardworking staff as well. Thanks again for the support.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Needed a quiet spot to conduct an interview and Cafe Xpresso was perfect. The sandwiches and salads are both excellent and their desserts are divine! I have eaten here about 6 times and have no complaints at all!

Bob S, Owner at Cafe Xpresso, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Thanks so much for being a loyal customer and taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it! Its great for our staff to hear guests' feedback.

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

I work right next door to Cafe Xpresso and visit them almost every day. The staff is always friendly, the drinks are always fresh (especially their strawberry smoothies), and the food is always delicious. I love that I can support another local business while eating quality service and food.

Bob S, Owner at Cafe Xpresso, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Hi Lauren,

Thanks so much for leaving such a nice review & even more importantly, shopping local. We really appreciate it and will pass along your comments to the staff as well.