“Great burgers and Kids friendly”

Barnwood Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Barnwood Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 61 Restaurants in Newtown
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2015

Went there on a weeknight with the kids for dinner and we were not the only ones! Very kids friendly. I was able to order half portion of a pasta for my daughter. Warm bread and water served after seating. Service was great. Burgers were very good! Will come back!

Reviewed 9 November 2015

We had a dinner out on a Friday night. There were no tables available in the bar or I would have asked for seating there, as I've visited before and it's been super loud. The ambience in this eatery is warm and inviting, but the acoustics make it extremely difficult to have a conversation when the place is full. There were four of us and we were literally shouting across the table. The food was adequate - the Kale salad, which was on the Specials menu was good, but I noticed a little grit and it was on the small side. The dressing also didn't do anything to make this salad special. One in our group had a ravioli dish (perhaps sweet potato?), which we all tried and was delicate and delicious. Our server was very pleasant but was nowhere to be found when we were ready for a check. Overall, it was a pretty mediocre evening, which was pricey for what we ordered. I will try it again, but not on a weekend night, and I will again try to sit in the bar.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

It's difficult to find a restaurant in the Newtown area that serves not only the typical calamari appetizer, but also is daring enough to offer Oysters Rockefeller. This restaurant has not only excellent food, but also a charming atmosphere and terrific service. The Filet Mignon is tasty and tender, the Sea Bass is to die for, but they also have a great Kobe Burger with caramelized onions, wild mushrooms, Vermont white cheddar & truffle aioli that is reasonable & delicious. Portions are very generous and the menu extensive with something for everyone and a number of vegetarian items as well as grass fed, hormone free offerings. I've been here numerous times and always found it fantastic.

1  Thank Adventures100
Reviewed 27 October 2015

The service was excellent for this restaurant. The menu was extensive but limited for some of the lower cost items, which in our case were good but not exceptional. As this was the first visit will be returning for a taste of other offerings. Be prepared for the noise level!

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Good restaurant, good menu, great service but very, very noisy.
The food is good and I would definitely go back