“Good Bar But Restaurant Empty”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 January 2018

We went here to celebrate the holiday season with family members. This was all of our first time here but the location was convenient to all members to travel. My family arrived first so we sat at the bar to have a drink and wait for the other members to arrive. The server at the bar was very professional and good at fulfilling our drink orders. BTW, they have happy hour specials which was a nice perk. Finally all arrived and we were seated at a large table since there were so many of us. My concern was that we were the only table for the whole night ... this bothers me but I must say it shouldn't have! Our server was great and he realized that we were going to take our time since many of us haven't seen each other in many months. He did not rush us and was attentive to our needs.
We all had appetizers and a meal. Everything was very good. I guess I shouldn't judge a place by empty tables ... wish people would discover this place.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We stopped here after hiking. The food was good, as well as the service was good and there is outdoor seating if you want. It is conveniently located to I-84, although you have to pay attention the restaurant doesn't sit at road level. The driveway is a bit steep so watch for the sign. Most of us in the group ordered burgers, which were delicious and prepared as ordered. The seafood bisque was quite tasty and filled with seafood. The martini's were delicious. Great beer selection. The atmosphere was not loud even though there is a rather large bar area. We would visit again.

1  Thank balaczar
Reviewed 31 August 2017

My husband & I have been coming to McGuire's for quite some time. We've seen the parade of other restaurants that have been in this location before McGuire's. I read the other reviews and our experiences have been quite different, although Lunchtime isn't their strongest service time. Dinner service has better wait staff. As far as cleanliness, I've never observed the problems that some of the other patrons complained about. We rarely eat in the bar, practically always eat in the dining room. I generally get a salad & my husband get a burger or something similar. Always have enjoyed our meals. Especially enjoy their specials & themed meals. We've found the managers attentive & the wait staff as well, but they suffer from turnover

Reviewed 16 August 2017

A friend and I visited after getting shut out at a BBQ restaurant in Derby. Beer and burgers were good, but service was slow. I've eaten here in the past, and had good food and service, so I'll try again.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Stopped here based on highway sign that said food was off exit. Drove past on first attempt but quickly realized there is not much else close by. We were only ones eating int the dining area because it was a little before 5. Bar area was busy and loud. Food was average and reasonable priced. Service was quick and our server Kelly was very friendly & attentive. What we did not like about this restaurant was how a bartender came out to the front desk area and bashed another employee with the manager and other employees. It was loud enough for my wife & I to hear the whole drama. This is not a professional place to work for.